7: Pool Shenanigans

"It's Melissa Garcia, right?"

"My full name? Yeah, why?"

"Oh just making sure I'm pronouncing your name right."

=

It was 7 am and the QA team which were mostly girls were halfway to our resort. Technically I'm not under QA but I am an honorary member.

Ah, I remembered Khaylee's orders. I fixed my white button-down shirt and took a selfie. According to Khaylee, to show my gratitude to her for helping me, I should send her pictures throughout the whole trip.

I sent the picture to Khaylee. She might start annoying me if I don't keep her posted.

The beach was beautiful. We took a lot of photos on and off the water. We had bbq in the afternoon and took awesome sunset shots.

Night came and we were just hanging outside beside the pool when my phone notified me. It was Instagram. I opened the app and immediately saw a girl facing the sunset with her back to the camera. She was wearing almost the same outfit as me. Black stringed top and denim shorts. She was also wearing anklets. That was way too similar. The one who posted it was Khaylee and Khaylee is not tan - she has unblemished fair skin.

It sinked in. It was my photo from a few hours ago. How did she get the photo? It was only me and Gabrielle.

"Gabrielle!"

She looked up from the pool.

"Did you send this to Khaylee?? How do you even know her??!!" I sounded hysterical.

"Khaylee and I met through Instagram." She answered calmly, as if I wasn't I didn't screamed my lungs out. "It was a nice shot of your back wasn't it? I was imagining wings sprouting out of it."

I groaned. I decided. I put the phone and ran to the pool. I made the biggest splash I can make to Gabrielle's face.

=

I was suppose to be sleeping and be well rested before we go back to the city tomorrow. But here I was fiddling with my phone. I was debating with myself if I should message Yoongi. I wanted to tell him about the things that happened today. But I realized I've been treating him like a long time friend.

It might have been the appeal of not knowing him in real life that lets me be comfortable spitting out anything that comes to mind. Because, let's be honest, we might pass by each other on the streets but we will never know. Never know that that was the person who knew I violated my company's policies. He will never know that I was the girl he confessed to about his love for his team.

No. I won't be afraid anymore. Darex isn't here to do side comments and I am here with colleagues from work not people from my university days.

Yoongi? Are you still awake?

Melissa! :3

Eh?

Why are you excited all of a sudden?

Hmm.. I drank a little because you neglected me.

Hahaha!

Are you really drunk Yoongi?

No.

A little.

I drank a bit.

You're cute when you're drunk :3

I don't need to be drunk for you to tell me I'm cute.

I'm cute IRL!

Oh wow, using English abbreviations. You're a pro now Yoongi!

You don't need me anymore at this rate. :P

Hey Melissa, send me a photo of you from the beach.

A sudden request :o

You are drunk Yoongi. You should rest now.

Please Melissa?

A photo?

Will you sleep if I give you one?

Yeah.

I sent him the photo the Khaylee posted in Instagram.

Will you please rest now?

It took a little bit before Yoongi replied and went to sleep.

You weren't with other guys. Okay, Yoongi sleeps.

He then sent me a photo. I wasn't sure of what it was at first, but realized later that it was hair. He sent me a photo of his hair.

=

Earlier that day:

"She's going to the beach with his boyfriend."

"She doesn't have one"

"How sure are you?"

"How sure are you??!"

"You know, even if she doesn't have a boyfriend, she has male colleagues right?"

===

Author's Notes:

Happy New Year! Hope you guys had a fun NYE. I'm working on the ending chapters for this :D Although I'm not sure how many chapters there will be :P Also as a reminder, I have written conversations meant to be in Korean with underlines.

Love pastelpinkhair *hugs*