Chapter 5: There Goes My Life

KELLIN'S POV

I took a deep breath and got out of my car, grabbing my guitar from out of my trunk. Josy gave me an idea on how to appologize to Pandorah, I just hope it works. I walked over to where Pandorah's window was and sighed, strapping the guitar in. I started playing and signing, watching her window.

All he could think about was I'm too young for this.
Got my whole life ahead.
Hell I'm just a kid myself.
How'm I gonna raise one.

All he could see were his dreams goin' up in smoke.
So much for ditchin' this town and hangin' out on the coast.
Oh well, those plans are long gone.

I saw Pandorah's window open and she stuck her head out. A smile spread across my face as I continued to sing.

And he said,
There goes my life.
There goes my future, my everything.
Might as well kiss it all good-bye.
There goes my life.......

A couple years of up all night and a few thousand diapers later.
That mistake he thought he made covers up the refrigerator.
Oh yeah..........he loves that little girl.

Momma's waiting to tuck her in,
As she fumbles up those stairs.
She smiles back at him dragging that teddy bear.
Sleep tight, blue eyes and bouncin' curls.

He smiles.....
There goes my life.
There goes my future, my everything.
I love you, daddy good-night.
There goes my life.

She had that Honda loaded down.
With Abercrombie clothes and 15 pairs of shoes and his American Express.
He checked the oil and slammed the hood, said you're good to go.
She hugged them both and headed off to the West Coast.

And he cried,
There goes my life.
There goes my future, my everything.
I love you.
Baby good-bye.

There goes my life.
There goes my life.
Baby good-bye.

"Kellin." I could tell Pandorah was crying.

"I love you Pandorah, and I'm sorry!" I called up to her. She held up a finger, closing the window and running out of the room. I turned towards her front door and saw her parents standing there. It wasn't long before Pandorah came sprinting out and jumped onto me. I quickly caught her, holding her close  to my body as she cried into my shoulder.

"Kellin." She cried.

"I love you so much Pandorah and I'm sorry." I repeated. "You are the best thing that has ever happened to me and I can't wait for us to be parents."

"Why'd you act like that today Kellin?" She asked as I placed her back on the ground.

"Truth is, I'm terrified Pandorah."

"So am I."

"We can get through this together." I smiled, pushing her hair out of her face. She smiled and pressed her lips to mine, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"W-What about your plans to move out to California after gradaution."

"You were going to come with me right? We can still do that!"

"I-I don't know Kellin. I kind of don't want to move far away from my parents after I have this baby." I sighed, looking up at the sky.

"We can talk about this later."

"Agreed." She said and I smiled, hugging her one last time and kissing her before she went back to her house and I went to my car.

****************************************************************************************

Listening to What Dreams Are Made Of~ Hilary Duff

There Goes My Life~ Kenny Chesney (external)

3 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER