Gambit- Chère

Requested: Of course not
Mutation: Energy manipulation

     Magneto had sent me on a mission with a Cajun. My anger had boiled over. I had explicitly told him I work alone. And then he did this. What part of 'alone' do people not understand?

     At least we would be in disguises, so I wouldn't have to look at him and his black and red eyes. Or his auburn hair. Or his abs. Or his damned cards.

     Point is, I'm mad. And I was stuck riding my trike next to some motorcycle. At least Logan wouldn't abuse his engine and rev it to the point of exhaustion. I smiled slightly, thinking of my best friend. He would be disappointed in me to say the least. After I told him I wasn't stealing anymore. After I said I was done working with Magneto. The smile had long vanished and been replaced with a grimace. Really, ____? Stop thinking about his approval and focus on your job! I sighed.

     Spotting a gas station, I checked my gas gauge and decided to stop. I slowed to a stop in front of the pump and jumped off. Starting the gas, I jogged inside, grabbing some gum. I laid a hundred dollar bill on the counter and showed the clerk the gum.

     "Pump 5." He nodded, turning to his jacket. I jogged out the door, only to be met with a tall, handsome, muscular, Gambit. "Can't lose me dat easy, Chère."

     I rolled my eyes. "I told you to stop calling me that, Cajun." He held his hand up to his mouth in mock offense. His hand fell to his side as I kept glaring at him. "Aw, you no fun."

     I exhaled a breath I hadn't known I'd been holding. "Go pay for your gas." He chuckled. That bastard! He knows he's getting under my skin! I brushed past him, hitting him on the shoulder by accident. I didn't care. All I cared about was getting to my trike.

     He'll catch up with me. I pulled my keys out of my coat. Inserting it into the ignition, I looked back to see his red-brown hair at the front desk. I turned the key, and the engine roared to life. I smirked and turned the handles, speeding off.

     A couple minutes later, I heard revving. I looked in my mirror, expecting Gambit. Instead I saw a tall man with greenish skin riding Gambit's motorcycle. I cursed and sped up. That must be one of the men Erik warned me about. Gotta get back. Gambit's gonna be pissed his motorcycle is destroyed. I swerved around using my powers to create black energy bomb and rolled them close to the motorcycle. I heard explosions behind me. Nearing the gas station, I saw the motorcyclist behind me again. I stopped suddenly and basically killed my tires turning.

     Jumping off my trike, I got into a ready position. The other man had just gotten off Gambit's bike, barely jumping off before it crashed into the wall. He smiled crookedly. I threw a few small energy balls at him in hopes of finding his mutation. He hopped out of the way high into the air.
So I just have to get close to him. I slowly backed up, and when he came to attack me, I grabbed his arm. Draining his energy, I dropped his arm. He fell to the ground.

     For the first time I took in the wreckage at the gas station. Metal shards were scattered about the ground, some blackened. So Gambit had used his cards. I saw the glass door shattered with an unconscious Gambit. I ran over to him. Lifting his arm, I checked for a pulse. Good. I lifted my head. The cashier was leaned back in his seat. He was moving a bit. Sorry dude. I drained some of his energy to prevent him from waking up.

     Turning back to Gambit, I sighed. I crouched and took his face and focused a surge of kinetic energy into him. He stirred. His lip was bloody and his face bruised. His blood red eyes snapped open and he tried to sit up, only to clutch his head and lay back down. His eyes slowly focused, and they landed quickly on me.

     "Danks Chère." He coughed.

     "Really? Flirting with me now?" He smiled the best he could. "Chère." I groaned. Sirens sounded and I jumped. "Help me up!" I scrambled to his side, manipulating my energy so he was easy to carry. He raised his eyebrows and smirked. The trike came closer to us as I walked. Gambit was gently layed on the cargo of the trike and we were off.

     Cops passed us just after I had swerved into the trees. I heard weak coughing and turned to Gambit. He looked in worse condition then before. I sped away. Soon returning to the city, I stopped at a mechanics shop my father had owned before he died. Grabbing Gambit, I rushed inside. Where was the first aid kit? I remembered and ran to the back counter.

     Gambit, who had been patiently sitting in a chair, almost fell. He steadied himself. I pulled out peroxide and cleaned his cuts, earning many complaints. "Chère! Dat hurts!" I pulled back.

     "If you keep calling me that, I won't try to be gentle. And it'll hurt a lot more." he pouted as I continued.

    After a minute of silence, he started, "Ya know, Chère," cue the glaring. "I can't help but notice you came back for me." I glanced up and back down. "An' you woke me up." I rolled my eyes. "An' you still isn't stopping with the first aid."

     I let the gauze drop. Gambit smirked. "Well by all means, continue. I've had quite a show." I scoffed. Pig. He smirked.
I sent another surge through my fingertips and he fully recovered. His eyes widened and he sat up. He slowly stood, resting his hands on my shoulders. I looked up. He smiled mischievously and I stood up fully turning away. "So, about your motorcycle..." He frowned.