Wolverine- Morph

Requested by @WhiteFangedRose

Mutation: Don't matter. Buuuuuuuuuut i guess stretchiness??? Anywho. I don't care. Also note that I'm changing updates to Saturdays. So. Here I am posting on Friday, haha. Don't judge, I was bored.

    Every time she'd get close to someone. Every. Time. ____ had learned the hard way to never trust or love someone, because all they did was let you down. They never stayed, survived, whatever you wanted to call it. And she had finally lost hope. After countless losses, she'd given up trying.

***

     The X-men were fighting a losing battle. They were in pairs. Scott with Jean, Morph with ____, Logan with Gambit, Beast with Rogue, and so on. At last the sentinels became too much and Scott called a retreat. But Morph kept fighting. ____ was at his side, trying to convince him to go.

     "Morph! Come on!" Morph ignored her but pushed her back before he got hit with a bullet. He screamed in pain. ____ rushed forward, landing next to him. He was motionless and Logan joined her a few seconds later. Scott yelled. "He's dead! We have to go!"

     Logan ignored him and Scott pulled him back. ____ sat there in shock, vaguely aware of the sentinels now surrounding them. She silently stayed and Rogue had to grab her and carry her away from her best friend.

     Coming to her senses, she started kicking and fighting Rogue. "Calm down, Sugar, he's gone." Panic took over and she kept screaming, desperate to help him. Rogue reluctantly touched her, and she blacked out.

***

     Alone, ____ sighed. She was officially alone. At that thought she pulled her knees to her chest. For the first time in years, a tear escaped. Then another. She was crying now, unable to stop. She let him die. It was her fault. It should've been her. Her back against the tree, tears kept flowing.

     Logan approached her quietly. He wasn't one for feelings, but Morph was practically his best friend too. And now he was dead. After all that trouble of gaining trust, it was all lost with just one night.

____ had never talked much. Morph was their only connection. And now that he was gone, they both felt distant from the world. He reluctantly sat down next to her. "Hey Bub."

     "What do you want? The professor send you?" She tried to wipe the tears away.

     Logan sighed. "No. I came to see if you were okay," He mumbled. She looked up slightly, a smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "Really?"

     "Yep," he smiled softly. "If you need to talk to anyone, I'm here." Logan had just surprised both himself and ____ with his gentle words. He shrugged and turned to her.

      He slowly put an arm around her. "We'll avenge him. I swear it." ____ hugged him tightly. "Thank you," she whispered.

     Logan held her, sighing. "Of course, bub."