A Chance of Peace

I patiently waited for the arrival of Caesar and the apes to arrive. Cornelius snuggled up against my chest and a small smile reached my face. Ash stood next to me, patiently waiting for his father as well.

When the ape doctors said that Ash was good enough to walk around, I immediately bounded towards my nephew.

"Does the wound still hurt?" I couldn't help but ask. Ash frowned and touched the small wound on his chest "from time to time. They said I need to...lay low for a bit" I sensed he was uncomfortable with not doing anything and I signed.

"You and me both"

We both looked at the horizon for a moment when I saw a group of apes walking towards the entrance to our colony.

I grinned. My family is here!

I trudged down the roots of the tree with Cornelius in my arms and ran up to meet them with Ash behind me.

We gave each other greetings and a few hugs before Ryker looked at me.

"Hey sis, did you saw the humans today?" Ryker asked and I nodded, my smile faltering.

"It is strange, we have never encountered the humans after ten years and now they just suddenly show up"

Mother signed with worry. Father held her close to him "I'm sure the humans coming into the forest have a reason"

We went inside and I sat down on a rock with my family around me.

"How are uncle Giovanni and the apes?" I asked. Livius grinned "I think uncle Giovanni has a thing for Lilly" I raised my brows. Lilly? Our Ape nurse?

Lilly had always been our ape sitter when Ryker and I were just kids when mother and father would go out hunting. She was the sweetest and kindest girl in my former tribe.

Doesn't surprise me how she charmed uncle Giovanni.

I saw the apes suddenly walking towards the entrance I felt the ground shake a bit and I smiled. Caesar's here!

I rushed to the entrance to see Blue Eyes and Caesar up front and I met them halfway.

To my shock, Blue Eyes didn't look at me and proceeded to walk towards his alcove. Ash, looked at me then at Blue Eyes in confusion before following after his friend.

I looked at Caesar who grew furious at the obvious display of disrespect.

"Caesar, what happened?" I signed. He looked at me and signed "the humans are forbidden to enter here"