Betrayal

I felt happy for the humans that they finally got what they need and I was also happy for the apes, knowing we would never see the humans for a long time again.

"It would seem that the humans got what they came for"

I smiled at father when I heard Cornelius wail. I sighed and headed back to the nest and scooped him up.

"Can't leave you for a long time can't I?" Cornelius snuggled to my chest and gripped my clothing, not wanting to be separated from me.

"I guess its time for me to go. I need to inform my family the humans are done"

"Send Livius and Ryker here please. I'm dying to have some sibling bonding"

Father nodded and he disappeared as he jumped off the cliff. What the heck?!

I gave a startled hoot and looked down to see father waving down from a tree. Typical father, always wanting to give his daughter a heart attack.

I waved goodbye and he disappeared under the leaves of the tree.

***

Ryker and Livius arrived and I greeted them once they reached my nest.

"Looks like the humans actually did it" Ryker signed and I was happy that the Ryker I am talking to now wasn't the worry wart I converse with when I was recovering.

"Good your back to your old self brother"

"I was always my old self!"

"Sure..." Livius and I signed slowly and he huffed before turning away.

Cornelius crawled towards Livius and clutched onto him when he was picked up.

"This guy is growing too fast for my liking. Before I knew it, I'm growing old!"

I rolled my eyes and signed "you haven't even got a mate yet Livius. What makes you think your old? I'm basically 20"

Livius laughed and set Cornelius down in which the baby chimp crawled to me and I scooped him up.

"The party's starting. You guys go and enjoy, I'll wait for Caesar"

"Don't wait too long sis, you're still recovering"

"Stop acting mother ape on me!"

My brother left to join the apes crowding around a large fire and I smiled.

***

I heard the sound of hooting and I saw the apes returning. I saw the humans coming with them and I grinned.

I wanted to thank the human female for helping me restore back to health.

I heard a soft hoot and I saw Caesar making his way towards me. I brightened and proceeded to jump down from a rock to greet him.

I wanted to laugh at his astonished face "Caesar, I feel fine now" Cornelius squeaked and held out his hands to his father which Caesar took hold of him.

I saw Blue Eyes making his way up to us and I gestured to Caesar to turn around.

***

Blue Eyes never thought he'd see his mother looking alive and well.

These past few days she mostly looked a bit weary and tired but now she was looking healthy as ever.

Just as she once was.

"Mother...?"

Caesar turned around to face his son as he held Cornelius in his arms. Blue Eyes walked up to Kira and she smiled and touched his face.

"I expected a hug from you little chimp"

She signed and Blue Eyes enveloped her in a hug with his head on her shoulders.

Caesar smiled, knowing Blue Eyes was slowly walking away the rebellious path Koba had placed him.

***

I pulled away from the hug and went towards Caesar to pull him and Blue Eyes to a hug but father and son merely pressed their heads together.

At least they didn't pressed their heads together like they're going to bang each others heads.

From the corner of my eye I saw Koba crawling along a tree branch.

Now that I thought about it, I rarely saw Koba nowadays ever since the humans came to fix the dam.

My thoughts were pulled out when I saw Koba aim at something. No, not at something...at someone.

Fear courses through me when I realized he was aiming at Caesar, Blue Eyes and Cornelius.

I gave a loud shriek and pushed them away.

BANG!

***

Every ape within earshot tensed at the gunshot. Others looked around warily as if something was about to come out and attack. Alexander gave a startled yelp as Malcolm pulled Ellie and his son close to him.

Ryker and Livius looked at one another before slipping away and slowly went around the place below the canyon where Kira and her husband and sons were under them.

***

Caesar and Blue Eyes stumbled when Kira pushed them quite harshly and they looked at her only to stare at her in horror.

A bullet wound was present on her chest, near her heart.

Caesar was the first one to react, he placed Cornelius into his eldest son's arms and reached out for his wife but her knees wobbled and they barely managed to touch their hands before she fell.

***

I felt the wind rush through me as I fell, I barely managed to look at Koba who had a triumphant grin on his face before he raise the gun to aim again.

I blacked out as soon as my head hit the bark of a tree and the last thing I heard was another gun shot.

***

Koba grinned as he watched the two leaders fall.

His plan was slowly setting in motion.

He heard Blue Eyes scream in agony and was scrambling down. He knew he had to move or else he'll be caught.

What he didn't know was that he was already spotted by two pairs of stunned eyes.