Illness

As soon as the gun was pointed at my sons I leapt like an enraged mother and tackled the male to the ground.

No one, I mean NO ONE points a gun at my children!

The human struggled on my choke hold and I pounded my fist in his face, chimp style. the human male screamed in anger and struggled some more. How heavy was this guy?

A sharp pain in my stomach came causing me to lose my breathe. Did this guy actually hit me?!

Yes, yes he did.

The male took that advantage and butted the gun to my face. Blood gushed out of my nose and my head throbbed. I screamed and fell down.

I groaned and stood up slowly and snarled before pouncing on him again, completely ignoring the pain.

***

As soon as they saw the butt of the gun hit Kira it was enough to push Blue Eyes and Caesar over the edge.

Caesar roared and ripped the gun from Carver and smashed it onto the broken leg. Carver screamed and fell to the ground hard. Kira gave him one last punch before she relaxed then she crouched down in pain.

Blue Eyes (with Cornelius in his arms) knelt down to Kira and bared his teeth at any human that dared to come near his mother and little brother.

Caesar raised the butt of the gun to strike Carver.

A strike that would surely break Carver's skull.

"Don't!" Malcolm screamed.

Caesar froze then turned to him. His eyes burned of hurt and betrayal of trust.

"Said no guns..." He pointed the gun at Malcolm and he took a step back then he pointed at Ellie and at Alexander and they took a step back as did the rest of the humans.

Caesar threw the gun to the lake, picked Cornelius up while Blue Eyes helped Kira steady herself.

"Humans. Leave. Now!"

***

As we headed back home my head was throbbing so hard I felt like a headache was coming.

The blood from my nose was already wiped out.

I felt the world spin and I blacked out.

Last thing I heard was Blue Eyes hooting wildly and Cornelius wailing.

***

Cornelius's scream made Caesar turn around and what he saw made his heart stop pumping.

Blue Eyes hooted in fear as he crouched down to his unconscious mother. The apes hooted in fear at the motionless form of their queen.

Caesar didn't hesitate to scoop her up in his arms and they galloped back home in haste.

***

Julius and Ryker had just finished scouting around the forest just to make sure no humans with guns were around and they were stunned to meet Caesar urging his horse forward with the rest of the apes behind him.

Blue Eyes halted and looked at them in panic "we must go back home! Mother is wounded!"

***

Back at home, Livius, Amelia and the rest of the apes were expecting Caesar, Kira and the others to come back unharmed.

They were surprised to see Caesar running in with an unconscious Kira in his arms.

Amelia's heart sped up in fear "what happened?!" She checked for any signs of life in Kira and was relieved to find a beating pulse.

Caesar was about to sign when Kira groaned and opened her eyes.

***

First, I was seeing white and voices reigning in my ears. Am I dead?

Hoots greeted my ears as the sounds became more defined. Nope, not dead.

I groaned and opened my eyes and closed them again in pain.

Good news, I'm alive and nobody was hurt (except for me) and the pain had gone.

Bad news, I felt sick, so very sick.

I heard Cornelius whine and I felt someone tighten their hold on me. Who the heck was holding me?!

I felt myself being carried away and then I was lying on my soft moss bed.

Panicked hoots and wails were all I heard and I wanted to open my eyes to tell them to stop when...

"I need to talk to him, please!"

A human male?

A series of shuffling came and I heard Caesar and the human male converse.

"Of we go back to the city now , men will come here and with more than just a few guns. Men I can't control"

"Let them come! Apes will be ready!"

"Ready for what? A war? I know your too smart for that. There must be a way..."

"No! I do not trust you!"

"I don't blame you"

This conversation is getting out of hand!

I heard some more shifting when I heard the apes hooting wildly again.

"She's hurt, please let me help her, I can help her!"

I opened my eyes and closed them again before forcing them to open.

Father and mother were on my right side, my brother and my sons were on the other side. Caesar was in front of me, shielding me from the humans. I weakly grasped Caesar's hand and he turned to look at me.

I opened both our palm and a look of recognition appeared in his eyes.

He knew.

He knew I was not ape but human.

Human knows how human body works.

"One day"

He spoke. Malcolm and Ellie looked at Caesar in shock.

"You stay one day"

"But we might need more time..."

"One Day!"

Every ape (including the humans) in the vicinity tensed up at the angry tone in Caesar's voice.

"Ape will help"

I sighed, thankful that they had come into a compromise.

But it will take long before we trust each other again.

I wanted to groan out in annoyance.

For some reason, I have a feeling apes and humans working together after this incident is going to be like walking on a bumpy road with a lot of sharp rocks.