Mark of War

How many minutes have I been standing in front of Caesar?

Ten?

Five?

Was it eight?

I really don't know and I wasn't counting at all. Caesar gradually held out his hand and I grasped it and he pulled me to him and encased me in a hug.

A hug that made me sure he was alive.

***

Caesar could not contain the joy and relief he felt once Kira's body touched his own.

When he saw Kira standing on the ledge a few feet across him, he thought he was growing mad.

Be here she was...

Alive.

Another round of hoots and came and the pair reluctantly pulled apart.

Kira's eyes widen once she saw the apes of her mother and father.

Amelia dashed forwards and brought Ryker, Livius and Kira, completely ignoring the three of them squirming under her hold.

"Mother, Cornelius is going to be squashed up in this!"

Kira attempted to persuade her mother to let go but the female ape scoffed.

"You left us while you are still recovering, gave your mother, father and Giovanni a heart attack, almost got killed in this fiasco and your saying I'm squishing my grandson?!"

Kira used her free hand to rub her back neck nervously. Mother did have a point.

Julius walled up to her "Kira, where are you all going to live once we get back?"

Kira immediately answered.

"We're gonna rebuild what was left of our home and -"

"We cannot go back"

Kira looked at her husband in shock and confusion. Caesar signed "more humans with more guns are coming for us. It is not safe to build our home anywhere in sight" I gasped.

Is this what the human male, Malcolm meant when he said more humans whom he cannot control will come?

Giovanni frowned at this "then, where are you going to build a home" a thought came to me and it was ridiculous but I voiced it out anyway.