Chapter 2

A/n: Here's the next chapter! Warning: extreme cuteness ahead!

After his chance meeting with Hermione, Draco found that thoughts of her kept slipping into his mind, making it difficult to concentrate. He glazed over an entire lecture from Professor Binns, then headed to Charms. He was shocked out of his hazy state, however, when he realized that a familiar witch had taken the seat right in front of him...

Hermione was confused by her encounter with Draco. He had the opportunity to chastise her, yet instead he actually did something nice. She was  still bewildered as to why he had handed her back her schedule after she dropped it. He must have tampered with it, she thought. The Draco she knew would have jumped at the chance to make her life miserable. But Draco seemed altogether different when he wasn't around the other Slytherins. Maybe... just maybe... he wasn't a total piece of shit after all? She tried to push the thoughts of him out of her mind, but they kept coming back with a vengeance.

Hermione walked into Charms and slid into a seat right in front of Draco, hoping that he would think it was a random choice. She noticed Harry and Ron sitting on the opposite side of the room, and desperately hoped that they would also accept it as a random event. It seemed like Harry had, but Ron was staring at her, looking betrayed. It was too late to switch seats, however. "Oh well," thought Hermione slyly. "Too late now..."😉😏

Draco, meanwhile, was trying to tell himself that the gesture of her sitting right in front of him didn't mean anything. It wasn't working; he could somehow sense that there was something more to her choice. He barely had time to think about this, however, because Professor Flitwick began the lesson.

"Today, young witches and wizards, we will be enchanting these feathers so that they can be controlled by your mind, and will go wherever you will them to go." Speak the following incantation..."

After Flitwick gave the instructions, everyone began trying to enchant their feathers. As usual, Hermione was the first to succeed. This became evident when her feather floated to Flitwick's desk, dipped itself in ink, and wrote on a piece of parchment there. Flitwick looked at the paper, then proceeded to fall off his stack of books in a fit of giggles.

As Hermione rushed to help the Professor back up, Draco sat at his desk, trying to enchant his feather. Nothing seemed to be working, until Hermione sat back down, and the feather flew over and started tickling her cute little nose! It seemed like the feather was acting upon his own subconscious thoughts...

A/n: sorry if you feel like that's a bad place to stop, hope you enjoyed! There'll be more soon!