Chapter 6

A/n: Hey y'all! So I need feedback because I am an indecisive human and I want to give you guys what you want-the main question is: should I keep this fic fluffy or add some steamy elements? Comment comment comment!!! Much love💚

Hermione lingered by the front entryway of Hogwarts. She had serious butterflies. Not only was she breaking the rules, but she was going to see Draco. Freaking. Malfoy! It was strange and uncanny-each day her interest in him increased...

Hermione adjusted her coat and stepped out into the night. The air felt clear and cool against her skin, and faraway stars twinkled against the indigo sky. She moved to check the time, and heard soft footsteps behind her.

"Perfectly punctual as usual, that's the Hermione I know so well." His voice sounded somehow different, softer. More gentle. She turned. "Look, Draco, I don't know how long you've been interested in me, or why. I'm also confused as to why you've suddenly stopped treating me like garbage!"

Draco gazed down at the defiant witch standing in front of him. "Hermione," he whispered, more gently than she had ever believed him capable of. "There is no reasonable explanation for what I've done to you. The only thing I can do is to be better in the future."

Hermione was shocked speechless by the sincerity with which he spoke. It was honestly kinda unsettling how much he'd changed. Was every part of the old Draco gone?

Draco subtly muttered, and Hermione's knees buckled. She collapsed, startled into Draco's arms. "Oops," he snickered, a mischievous gleam in his silver eyes.

So not all of the old Draco is entirely gone, then. Hermione thought to herself. Good. She snapped her attention back to the situation at hand. Draco was still holding her. He pulled her back to her feet, his eyes never leaving hers. "I can't ask you to forgive me, Hermione." God, she hated to admit how much she loved the way he said her name...

She was so close to him. Their chests were a millimeter away from touching. Her golden eyes met his silver ones. He breathed, "The only thing I ask of you ais that you give me a chance." He took her hand, held it for a split second, let go, and swept off into the night.

And Hermione found herself wishing he had never let go.