Chapter 7

A/n: Hey y'all! I still really need feedback on whether to keep this fic fluffy or add steamy elements...COMMENT PLEASE!!! Much love💚 enjoy this little update!!!

A week had passed and Hermione hadn't seen Draco. She was still slightly shocked from the incident by the lake...

Draco was having doubts. Not about Hermione. He'd never doubted how he felt about her... Draco was having doubts about himself. He kept telling himself Hermione was too good for him, too honest, too pure. She deserved better than a broken Slytherin prince who would never be able to fully escape his past. 

Draco had been keeping to himself. Even if a small part of him still believed that he belonged with Hermione, the rest of him was convinced that he had to stay away. He thought of himself as a poison, a toxin that would pollute everything pure and good, and turn it twisted and dark. Or worse yet, just kill it off altogether. A silent tear traced its way down Draco's face. The only way to save her was to sacrifice his own happiness. She probably didn't even have feelings for him anyway...

Hermione begged to differ.

She'd been searching the castle for him in her spare time, but she never had any luck. Every time she opened a new door, she hoped she would find her broken, beautiful boy just sitting there, but every time, the room was empty. She had just about given up hope, when suddenly it hit her.

Hermione walked past the wall three times. The door appeared, and she eagerly yanked it open. What she saw surprised her.

Draco heard the door bang open. He lifted his head from his knees, turned around, and silver eyes met honey-gold ones yet again. Hermione sat down next to him without saying a word. Draco blurted out,"Look, Hermione. I can't let you get hurt, and-"

Hermione leaned over and kissed him, and all the darkness went away.