Chapter 3

We walked promptly to the common room, eager to escape the gaze of the toad they call a professor, in the great hall. I walked with Ginny, and her friends 'cause I was still mad at Harry. We entered the common room, and I went to my dorm. I started unpacking, and after a few minutes Hermione entered our dorm.

"Hey 'mione," I said.

"Hey y/n," she said."Hey, I've got a question."

"Ask away," I said, still not looking at her, but at my clothes I was putting away.

"Why did you mention dating to Harry earlier?" She asked. I looked up at her, but avoided eye contact.

"Well . . . Um . . . I was just wondering," I said shrugging.

"I know you y/n. It wasn't just you wondering that brought it up. Why did you bring it up?" She asked once again.

"Fine I'll tell you, but you can't tell anyone," I said.

"I won't I promise," she said.

"Not even Harry," I said siriusly. (Sorry I had to)

"I promise," she said.

"Ok. I'm dating Fred," I said carefully. She squealed excitedly.

"How long?" She asked.

"Since the end of fourth year, after Cedric had died," I said, remembering the occurance.

~Flashback~

"Accio," Harry yelled, aiming at the cup, and in an instant we were back at the entrance of the maze, surrounded by cheering people. After Fleur had seen Cedric's dead body, she let out a blood-curdling scream. Harry was resisting being taken away, while I sat there in shock. I sat with my hands on my forehead, looking at the ground, not blinking. 'We just battled Voldemort' I thought. I had tuned out the rest of the world, but snapped back into reality when someone tried to take me away from the scene. I looked up to see Fred and George. I had always been close to them. They were my best friends. I looked around, and saw that Harry had been taken away.

"C'mon y/n. We need to get you out of here," Fred said. I nodded my head unconsciously, and they helped me up. They both wrapped an arm around my shoulder, and walked me off. We walked to the castle, and up to the common room. No one was here, they were all still at the quidditch pitch. They sat me down on the couch, and then the realization hit me. Voldemort's back. Cedric is dead. I started crying. George patted Fred on the shoulder, ruffled my hair, kissed the top of my head, in a friendly way, the went up to his dorm. Fred sat down beside me, and brought me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around his torso, and cried into his chest. He stroked my hair with one hand, and rubbed my back with the other. After a few minutes, I stopped crying. I pulled out of the hug and wiped my eyes. Just then Fred spoke up.

"I know this might not be the best time, but tonight made me realize that anything could happen, and you'd be gone," he said, looking me in the eye."So I have to say this now. I love you y/n. I have for three years. Ever since you almost died in the chamber of secrets, I've known that I love you. You may not feel the same way, bu-" I cut him off with a kiss. He was shocked, but after a few seconds he started to kiss back. After a little bit I pulled away.

"I love you, too, Fred," I said, and smiled. He grinned, and kissed me again. We decided later to keep it a secret for now.

~End of Flashback~

"That's amazing y/n," she said.

"We were planning to tell all of you today, but after how Harry reacted I decided not to. The only other person besides you that knows is George," I said.

"Ok. Well I'm really tired. I'm gonna go to bed," she said."Goodnight y/n."

"Night Hermione," I said. I was tired so I laid awake in bed. Hours went by, and I finally got up out of bed, and went downstairs, in my sleep shorts, and my sweater. I sat down on the couch by the fire, just listening to the crackle of the wood. I zoned out until someone sat down beside me. I looked over to see Fred. I scooted closer to him, and leaned into his side. He wrapped an arm around me, and I looked up at him.

"I told Hermione, but we can definitely trust her, so don't worry," I said.

"I'm not worried. If it was up to me I would tell everyone. I want everyone to know that you're mine," he said, and pecked me on the lips."But after Harry reacted earlier I know we can't do that." I looked back to where I was before. He ran his fingers through my hair, and traced patterns onto my back. We sat in a comfortable silence, until he lifted my chin up with his finger, to look at him. He kissed me passionately, and with love. I kissed back, my hand cupping his cheek. After a minute or so, we had to break apart due to lack of oxygen.

"I love you so much," I said, loosing myself in his eyes.

"I love you more, y/n," he said, his chocolate brown eyes gazing into my (e/c) ones. He gave me a quick peck, and repositioned himself. He layed on his back, while I was on my side. His arm around me, and my arm layed across his stomach. I closed my eyes, and quickly fell asleep on Fred.

~Fred's P.O.V~

She quickly fell asleep, and I know that I can't get up to her dorm without the stairs turning into a ramp underneath me. So I lifted her up, got up, and picked her up bridal style. I quickly ran up to her room, before the stairs could change. I set her on her bed. I covered her up, and moved a few hairs out of of her face. I placed I small kiss on her forehead, before heading back to my dorm, and going to sleep myself.