Chapter 5

Previously: We stopped dead in our tracks, and saw a shadow about to turn the corner . . .

~

Fred, already having a hold on my hand, quickly pulled me in the direction of a closet. We just barely made it in, when Filch passed us. I breathed a breath of relief.

"That was close," I breathed.

"Yeah. It was," he said, then we looked at each other. We busted out in a fit of laughter.

"I never would've thought that after last year that I would've been sneaking around after hours," I said, after we finished laughing.

"But I'm glad you are, because I can do this," he said, and wrapped his arms around my waist, and kissed me. My hands found their way to his hair, and I tangled my fingers in with the firey red hair. He lightly bit my bottom lip, and I let out a small squeak, not expecting it. He smirked into the kiss, and pulled me closer, even though it didn't really seem possible. After a minute or so more of snogging, we pulled away. I untangled his hair from my fingers, and leaned into his arms. He wrapped his arms protectively around me, and I brought my arms to my chest. I laid my head against his chest, and listened to his heartbeat. We stood in a comfortable silence for a while until he spoke.

"We should head back," he whispered in my ear. I nodded, and we started to walk back to the common room. He kept a secure hold on my waist on the way back, while I leaned into him. We reached the portrait hole, and said the password. Fred helped me up into the common room, and then entered himself. We were heading toward the staircases leading to the dorms, when we heard someone clear their throat behind us. We turned around to see Harry sitting on the couch.

"Harry, what are you doing up?" I asked.

"Hermione woke up, and you were gone," he said."She was worried." I let out an inaudible 'oh'."What were you doing out in the corridors this late," he said, then he glanced at Fred.

"I think we should just tell him," Fred leaned down, and whispered in my ear. I nodded slightly, and looked at Harry.

"I couldn't sleep, so I went for a walk. I set off a trip wire that Fred had set up for a prank. He pulled me out of the way. Which I completely didn't mind since we are . . . dating," I said. His face turned stone cold in a split second, and he looked at Fred.

"Y/n, what did I say about you dating," he said to me without taking his eye off Fred.

"Harry, you're not my dad. I get that you are protective over me, but I can date whoever I want," I said, grabbing Fred's hand."And if you don't trust Fred, then why did we give him and George the Triwizard Tournament winnings?"

"This is completely different," he said.

"You do not control my life," I said, getting really angry now."I can date Fred if I want to. I love him, and I guess you just can't see past the idea that he's going to hurt me. But guess what, he's not."

"Yeah, Harry, I would never hurt her," Fred said, grabbing my hand."I love her." Harry's face faltered for a split second, then turned back cold.

"I'm gonna drop it, but I'm not ok with this," he said, and stormed up to his dorm. Hitting Fred's shoulder with his on the way. After he left, I broke down in tears. I slid down against the wall, and Fred sat beside me. He pulled me into his arms, and I cried into his chest. While I cried, he traced circles onto my back, ran his fingers through my hair with his other hand, and whispered sweet nothing's into my ear. After I calmed down I spoke up.

"I wish Harry could see this side of you instead of the reckless, prankster, care-free side," I said, looking up at him."Even though I love that side. I love everything about you." I gave a small smile, and he just smiled back.

"I love everything about you too. And you know I would never hurt you," he said, while his adorable eyes gaze into my own (e/c) ones."I love you too much."

"I love you too," I said, and he leaned down, and kissed my forehead. I kissed his cheek, and he whined.

"Come on," he complained.

"Fine," I said, and gave him a quick kiss on the lips. The second I pulled away he pulled me back, and slammed his lips to mine. I melted into the kiss, and he smirked. After our lungs decided that we needed air, we pulled away. I laid my head on his chest, and he pulled me onto his lap. I closed my eyes, and sighed. He continued to trace circles into the small of my back.

"At least we don't have to sneak around to have time together," I said.

"Yeah, let's just not, ya know, kiss in front of your brother," he said, and let out a small laugh. I giggled slightly.

"Yeah, but now I can hold your hand in the halls, and I can sit with you at meals. I don't really want to sit with Harry after tonight," I said. I felt him nod.

"Well we better get to bed, tomorrow's  Saturday," he whispered in my ear.

"Yeah," I said standing up. He stood up after to me, and gave me a hug.

"Goodnight, love," he said.

"Goodnight, Freddie," I said. He kissed my forehead, and we went up to our dorms.

~

Yayyy I finally updated. I was having some writer's block, but I got it done. Hope you guys liked it!!!
      -the only ginger Malfoy