26

"Dad! Hurry up, I don't want to be late for my own wedding!" I yell as I wait for my dad to come into view. Taya stands beside me, stroking my arm in an attempt to calm me down.

"He's coming, don't worry," she smiles, giving me a hug and then quickly smoothing out the wrinkles in my dress. "Look, see." She points behind me and I turn around just in time to see my dad and Sarah walking down the hallway toward us.

"I found her," he laughs, gesturing at Sarah. No doubt she was probably hiding somewhere so that she didn't have to witness the wedding. I know she's over Brendon, but I guess it still hurts to think about what might have been.

"Let's get you down that aisle." Sarah sighs, taking Taya's arm and leading her, my dad and I into the sanctuary. Sarah smiles as my dad rests his hand on the small of my back. She and Taya start down the aisle and once they reach the altar, my eyes land on Brendon. He's wearing a handsome black suit and bow tie. My mind wanders back to when I first saw him standing at the front of my English class.

He grins at me and mouths, "You're gorgeous!" Even though my Dad already said it earlier, it makes me blush. I don't think I'll ever get used to his compliments. I turn to my dad and he brushes a stray hair back into place.

"I'm so proud of you, Brendon is a great guy. You chose well," he whispers, starting to walk down the aisle. I fall in stride next to him, leaning into him for a bit of support. I'm not so good at walking in heels. We get to the front of the church in a matter of minutes, and my dad gently hands me off to Brendon.

"Welcome!" The priest begins to speak, addressing the crowd of mine and Brendon's friends and family. I decide to ignore the priest and beam up at Brendon with giddy anticipation. "We will now exchange the vows, Brendon?"

Brendon clears his throat and takes my hands in his. He looks at me like I'm the only person in the room, it takes my breath away. "Ariella Garcia Alvos, we have been through . . . Well, basically death together. I was so scared that you would never wake up when you were in the hospital," a silent tear trails its way down his cheek and I move to wipe it away, but he grasps my hand tighter. "We have a bond that can't be broken, which is so cliché that I hate to say it, but it's also true. You know, with you I'm willing to show my weaknesses, and I love you for it. I can't think about what I'd do without you in my life, and I know you feel the same way. I will always be here with you, you are my world."

"That's hard to top, B." I giggle, looking right into his eyes. "I feel like the only one in the room when you look at me. It's like time slows down and we have eternity to spend with each other. When I was in a coma, I remember being able to hear parts of conversations. I think the thing that really kept me alive was your voice. I had a choice, and if I have a choice between you and anything else, I will always choose you. I love you, Brendon Boyd Urie!"

"Then by the power vested me, I now pronounce you man and wife." The priest smiles, turning to Brendon. "You may now kiss the bride," and kiss the bride he does. His soft lips meet mine and I forget that we're surrounded by family and friends. I slip my arms around his neck and he lifts me bridal style, carrying me out of the sanctuary and out into the street.

Everyone follows quickly behind us as we tie cans to the bumper of his BMW. When we start driving, I can hear the hoots and hollers of all our friends and family members. I stare out the window and smile to myself. "What are you thinking about?" Brendon asks me, taking my hand in his.

"I'm now Mrs. Ariella Urie," I grin at him. He chuckles and brings my hand to his lips, focusing on the road ahead of us.

"I love you, my beautiful wife." He glances at me and I can't help but smile even broader.

"I love you more, my handsome husband." And with that, we drive into the sunset; holding hands and smiling like the two dorks that we are.

The End