Chapter Nine

Lucy sat on Natsu's bed with her knees tucked up under her chin. She would be in her room, except it had been destroyed during the fight. The old lady had insisted that she stay in Natsu's room for the time being. Hopefully Natsu wouldn't be pissed that she was in here. She was actually surprised that he wasn't back yet. Shortly after Natsu had led Laxus away from the guild, the fighting at the guild ended. Was he still fighting Laxus?

​ A chilly breeze swept through the open window making Lucy cold. She stood to close it and gazed out at the town. It looked like half of it was on fire. It didn't look like Natsu could control his flames. Or more specifically, he didn't want to.

Lucy walked back over to Natsu's bed and sat down. She heard a thump and Natsu stumbled into the room, like he was drunk. He looked really beat up, that fight with Laxus must have been a tough one. Natsu barely glanced at Lucy before collapsing onto the end of his bed.

"Um, I'd be in my room, except it was destroyed during the fight. The old lady insisted I stay here for now," Lucy said.

"Of course she did," Natsu muttered.

"I can leave now though," Lucy said going to stand up. She paused and looked at Natsu. He really did look like shit. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Natsu said sounding anything but fine.

"Sooo, I was wondering. Any reason why Paradis attacked us today?" Lucy asked.

"They hate my guild. We fight all the time, so they must have been bored," Natsu said simply.

"Lucy crossed her arms. "Really? Well, I just thought it was interesting that you find that Celestial Spirit key, and then a few days later, Paradis attacks your guild."

Natsu looked up at her. "You really are a smart girl, aren't ya?"

Lucy looked away from Natsu so he wouldn't see her blush. "Well, what's so special about that celestial key? Why does Paradis want it?"

"Why would I tell you?" Natsu asked.

"Because I'm a celestial wizard. I can actually use the damn key." Lucy huffed.

"So?"

Lucy went to argue but shook her head instead. There was no point. It was like she was talking to a rock. She really did want to know why that celestial key was so important. Not just because she herself was a celestial wizard, but because she was actually really curious about it. Lucy thought it may have something to do with why Paradis and Fire Heart were fighting each other.

"You fought for the guild," Natsu said suddenly.

"What?" Lucy said looking down at him.

"I saw you take out those Paradis guys. And you even tried to take on Laxus."

"Oh, well, I didn't fight for your guild," Lucy said bitterly. "I fought for my life. Although, maybe I wouldn't mind fighting for the guild if I knew what I was fighting for."

Natsu smiled. "You're persistent."

​ Lucy didn't think that it would actually work but she tried anyway. She noticed that Natsu was glistening with sweat and looked very pale. He looked like he had a fever.

​ "If I tell you about the key, will you help me?' Natsu asked. His breathing had become ragged. It's like he was getting sicker by the minute.

​ "Maybe. It depends on if it's evil or not. Natsu, are you okay?" Lucy asked reaching out and touching his forehead. Just as she thought, he was really hot. "You're burning up! I'll go get the old lady."