Chapter Ten

The next day Lucy was startled awake by the old lady slamming down a cauldron of who knows what on the bar counter.  Lucy had fallen asleep at the bar because she had no place else to sleep.  Natsu was in his room and her old room was still destroyed.

​ "What is that?" Lucy asked.

​ "I was able to go to the mountains and get the herbs for Natsu last night when you fell asleep.  Now I can brew a potion that should be able to cure Natsu from the cave poisoning," The old lady said throwing what looked like purple leaves into the cauldron.

​ "Oh," Lucy said yawning. "How is he today?"

​ "Worse.  The baby won't move from his fatal position.  On the bright side, he stopped crying finally.  Happy came back last night also and he won't leave him."

​ "Poor thing," Lucy said.  Although, she wasn't so sure why she felt so bad for him.  This was the guy that was keeping her prisoner here.  And the guy who burned down multiple cities and treated his own guild mates like slaves.  But he did finally tell her what was going on between Fire Heart and Paradis.  And she agreed to help him.  She hoped she hadn't made a mistake in agreeing to help him.  Why did she agree to help him?  Probably because he was crying and wanted to see his dad.  Lucy was a sucker for family stories.

​ "Have you decided who you are going to take with you on your trip?" The old lady asked breaking Lucy from her thoughts.

​ "No, I don't know any of the guys in the guild, except Deafening.  And I don't think it's a good idea to ask him to come with me."

​ "If I were you, I'd ask Shadow and White," The old lady said.

​ "Who?"

​ The old lady nodded to a couple of younger looking guys sitting at the table closest to the bar. "Shadow and White. They are dragon slayers too."

​ The two dragon slayers looked up at Lucy like they knew they were being talked about.  Although, they were dragon slayers, and Natsu said dragon slayers have dragon senses.  So, they probably could hear the old lady talking about them. Lucy wasn't aware that there were other dragon slayers in this guild besides Natsu.

​ "Are they jerks?" Lucy asked the old lady.

​ The old lady shrugged. "They're in this guild so who knows.  But you need them because you can't find the Ancient Dragon's grave without a dragon slayer.  The grave can only be found by dragon slayers."

​ As the old lady poured some brandy in the cauldron Lucy stood up.  Whatever potion she was making, it was a weird one.  Hopefully it would cure Natsu. 

​ The two dragon slayers watched Lucy as she walked over to them.  The one had spiky blonde hair and blue eyes.  There was a thin slanted scar above his right eye.  He wore a tan crop top with a blue vest over top revealing his muscular stomach.  The other dragon slayer had black hair that fell over the right eye.  The eye that was visible was red.  He wore a long black cloak over a gray shirt.  Lucy assumed this one was Shadow.

​ "Well, if it isn't the queen of Fire Heart," White said. "What do we owe this pleasure?"

​        The way he said it made Lucy think they weren't pleased to see her at all. "I need your guys' help."

​ White and shadow exchanged a look. "With what?" Shadow asked.

​ "I need to go to the Ancient Dragon's grave.  And I need you to come with me."