Chapter 8

DAN'S POV:

Dan Cahill felt depressed. Ironic as it sounded, he was depressed. Not because he had cancer (well that may be a factor), but because Amy was sad. Natalie was sad. He made the people he loved sad.

His chemotherapy was scheduled next week. He didn't want to admit it, but he did no want to die. Not so easily. He had cheated death many a times during the clue hunt, but this felt different.

He wanted to die heroically, not with a mere sarcomal cancer.

He was interrupted from his train of thoughts when Amy came inside smiling slightly. He sighed and smiled back.

"Nervous?" She asked. He nodded his head.

"I don't want to die Amy."

"Don't talk like that. Be optimistic, the doctors will help you out."

"Amy,"

"Hmm?"

"If I die, will you name your and Ian's first child after me?" He said jokingly.

"Shuddup Dan!" She said while laughing. Her lower lip started to quiver, and soon she started sobbing on her brother's shoulder.

"Amy, while I was sick,  how did you carry me? I mean I am taller than you right?"

"Oh so what if you are taller, I am more muscular. Baby brother." She said teasing him.

He just rolled his eyes. It felt good spending time with his sister. But as much fun as it sounded, he didn't want to do it while he was dying.

'No, get that thought out. I am going to live, chemotherapy will show it's miracle. Or this rather be a dream.' He kept reminding himself.

"I love you" Dan said.

"Huh?" Was Amy's intelligent reply.

"Oh god! Don't make me say that again."

"I love you too" Amy said after contemplating what Dan said.

There was silence for a moment. Amy rested her head on Dan's shoulder and he side hugged her while stroking her hair softly. They sat like that for some time. It was soothing and comfortable like that.

                     ~~next week~~

"Dan come down fast! It's almost time." Amy shouted from the living room.

It was time for his chemotherapy. He felt tired because he had not been eating much since he got to know about his diagnosis.

Natalie was downstairs, waiting for him. They had not yet told Amy or Ian about their relationship. As soon as he went down, Natalie came to him and rubbed his back. She lightly pecked his lips. Amy looked flabbergasted for a moment and smiled the next.

"Well, you are full of surprises!" Amy said smugly "come on let's go."

And then they left. Natalie came with them as well. Nellie and Ian were staying back.

                 ~~at the hospital~~

Dan was taken to the operation room right away, he was also made to remove his shirt because he was being attacked by needles.

The nurse attached the IV to him before smiling at him sweetly.

"You look nervous kid. Don't worry, everything's going to be alright." She said.

Those words 'everything is going to be alright' did not sound cool when he was being attached to needles.

He could feel the cold chemicals go through his veins and he felt dizzy for a moment, but he just let it go.

Natalie and Amy were sitting outside in the waiting room (geeze I almost wrote living room).

He was on the bed sitting still as the chemicals invaded his cancer cells.

He could hear the constant beep beep beep of his heart in the machine. It was kinda annoying him (the beep sound in a hospital bed  isn't exactly as cool as listening to Michael Jackson in a detention class).

He for once wanted to lead a normal life like any teenage boy. He was granted his wish for a while, but alas! The fates weren't on his side, apparently.

Soon he was asleep on the cold hard, yet comfortable hospital bed.

Nobody in particular's Pov:

Natalie saw the doctors come out and she immediately jerked her neck (ouch!) towards the doc.

"How is he?" Asked Amy.

"He's doing pretty well considering that this was his first chemo. But he is going to have some side effects like weakness and hair loss. Loss of appetite and nausea as well. We are keeping him under observation. You know, just in case. For tonight. The next chemo will be maybe on 27th Aug,  which means two weeks from now." The doctor informed.

"Oh and he's asleep now." She added.

Amy and Nat nodded and sat quietly for sometime and eventually fell asleep on the benches.

A/N:
I KNOW DONT KILL ME!!
You people would probably be like..We waited for like hours and only 800 words? But at least I updated. Anyways, hope you like it. The comments section below is rusting, so comment ASAP.
R&R
~CSW :)