6. My Brain Made Me Do It

Lifting her hands to his soft, spiked hair, she grabbed at it and bunched it in her fists

Lifting her hands to his soft, spiked hair, she grabbed at it and bunched it in her fists. Her legs wobbled beneath her and she might have slid through his arms if he hadn't been holding her securely. He grunted at the force she used. Regardless if she was a zombie, Teal was stronger than he had given her credit for. She was tiny.

When their lips merged, what is otherwise a tepid, fleshy, muscular organ, felt scalding hot in his mouth. She salivated, and he sucked at her, dehydrated and thirsty. Marc felt exhilarated and his body was awakened by her touch. He felt alive. And with his newfound rejuvenation, came a flash of clarity.

Even though Marc didn't want to admit it, he realized, the bozo who'd just kissed her before him was right. It was almost impossible to let her go. She tasted better than any brain or body part he'd ever had in his life. Almost addicting. Understanding why Lurch hadn't been able to stop himself from touching Teal, Marc knew, he had to.

For starters, it didn't sit well with him he'd been her second choice. Secondly, she was Jax's little sister. Thirdly, she seemed pretty drunk. He wasn't about to take advantage of her, nor the situation. Working at a bar for so many years, seven days a week, he'd only seen a handful of zombies get drunk and they'd drank massive amounts of alcohol. She hadn't. Nowhere near that amount.

Marc realized, there was something very special about her. He was good at reading zombies and people in general. Whatever it was Teal had, he didn't want to mess with. There was too much going on in his life, to add one more complication. And she looked like trouble, nothing but trouble. It made him feel awkward, and that was not a comforting thought.

Reluctantly releasing his hold, he brought his hand to her face and caressed the hollowed cheek. Her skin was soft and supple and he couldn't stop his fingers from slipping down it. She moved her head against the palm of his hand, closing her eyes, evidently enjoying the feeling his touch brought to her.

"Teal-" he whispered unable to stop himself from grazing his mouth against hers once more.

She moaned softly, returning the fugacious kiss. Opening his lips with hers, her tongue entered his mouth.

"Teal?"

"Mmm?"

"Teal, honey."

The vibration of his vocal cords ran the track that was her body. Dropping small pecks over his chin and neck, Teal smiled and Marc groaned in pleasure.

"We gotta stop."

What did he just say?

"You're drunk." He continued, sticking his foot in his mouth. "Come on, let's go. We should head back inside."

She frowned at his words. Yes, she'd been affected by the alcohol. Practically inhaled too much of it a little over an hour ago, but for damn sure, she knew what she was doing, and what she wanted.