13. Brain Trickery

"Ugh! Again?" Kaya made a face and rolled her eyes flipping her long, pink hair behind her shoulders as soon as Teal walked in through the club doors. "Closed," she said tight-lipped, pulling at her very short black dress.

"I-I know that."

Why did she make her feel so uncomfortable? Teal wasn't really liking Kaya at the moment.

"That's why I'm here early, Marc–"

"Open. At. Eleven."

"I know that. I came to see Marc."

Kaya stared blankly at her, not moving an inch. "E-le-ven," she mouthed.

Upset, Teal huffed. Her lips a thin pressed line on her face.

"You know what?" her voice shook. " I don't need your permission. Marc said I could come."

Teal turned and picked up the pace walking past her and towards the stairway that leads to Marc's office.

Kaya was right behind her. Placing a hand on her shoulder, she spun Teal around and glared at her.

"Teal? Kaya? Everything okay?"

From the top of the stairway, Marc's deep voice questioned the scene unfolding before his eyes.

Kaya let go of Teal's shoulder and looked at him with innocent, loving eyes.

"No appointment." She shrugged.

"She doesn't need one. I thought I made myself clear last time, Kaya." Marc's voice, impatient. He then took a minute and slowly reminded her, "She, can come in, before opening, anytime. Any day. Is that understood?"

Kaya turned to face Teal and sucked her teeth in, pouting her lips.

"Fine."

"Thanks, Kaya!" His oblivious tone was lost in the large room, as Kaya bolted out.

"Please forgive her. I know part of her zombie-ism, makes her forget."

Teal knew better.

"I don't mean to cause trouble. I wouldn't come unless this was important. And it is."

"I know."

He nonchalantly signaled, for her to follow him upstairs. Once inside, she sat on the couch and he turned to face her.

"I'm still looking into your aunt. We haven't found her yet. She isn't the human living at that address you gave me."

"I could only hope. Thanks for looking."

He nodded.

"What about the doctor?"

Marc looked upset. "What about him?"