Chapter Seventeen.

Author's Note:  Remember that this book is in the Watty Awards so, VOTE! :D I added a twist for the last section of this chapter.
Oh, I have an exam on Wednesday so I will not be uploading before then.
Annnddd, I'll love you forever if you share this story with your friends and fans. (:

*******

Chapter Seventeen.
Madeline’s Point of View.

 “Try these on!”

Ellie tossed a pair of black skinny jeans at me, followed by a white lace top. I sighed, rubbing my hand over my face and bringing it back to my hairline so that I could rake my fingers through my blonde hair. This was useless. I had been trying on clothes for over an hour, and Ellie still wasn’t satisfied that we had found the right outfit for me to wear on my date with Kyle. I was a bundle of nervous energy, and was running on copious amounts of strong coffee. I didn't know why I was so incredibly nervous, but I couldn't seem to help it. Perhaps it was because of the fact that I had never been on a date before. yes, that had to be it.
It was the only rational explanation for the amount of nerves that I was harbouring.

“Do you reckon I’ll ever find something to wear?”

Ellie shrugged her shoulders and crossed her arms over her chest.

“Just try on the clothes Madeline.”

Her red hair was pulled up into a messy bun, and she had distractedly stuck two pencils through it to keep it in place. Ellie’s bedroom looked as though there had been an explosion at the mall. There were clothes everywhere, and I mean everywhere- on the bed, under the bed, on the furniture, on the floor. Poor William was currently sitting in a soft pile of shirts, skirts and jeans. His innocent face held a bewildered expression, and his eyes were darting around in confusion.

I pulled off the black leggings and long top that Ellie had made me try on moments before, and stepped into the skinny jeans, fastening the button when I had pulled them up. I then tugged on the sleeveless lace shirt and swiftly did up the small satin buttons. I struck a cheesy pose before doing a rapid twirl. Ellie moved over to stand in front of me, then slowly walked around me in a circle, scrutinising me so closely that I began to feel extremely uncomfortable.

Eventually she came to a halt, placing her hands on her slim hips as her face took on a thoughtful expression. Her face suddenly lit up and she bounced away from me and over to her giant wardrobe. Most of the hangers were bare, though there were still a few that had clothes on them. A few moments later, Ellie was standing in front of me again, holding out a grey skirt in my direction.

“Ditch the jeans and put this skirt on. Tuck the top into it.”

I obliged, quickly stripping off the jeans and allowing them to drop to the thick carpet before stepping into the skirt. It was loose and pleated, coming to several inches above my skinny knees. I stood awkwardly, clasping my hands in front of me as I prayed that I wouldn’t have to try on anything else. Ellie paused before searching through the mounds of scattered clothing for something. When she stood in front of me again, she was holding out a brown leather jacket. I shrugged it on, leaving it unzipped.

“Yes! It’s perfect. All you need is shoes!”

Ellie clapped her hands together excitedly, giggling like some sort of maniac. I had to admit that I was extremely thankful that we were the same size in clothing, although she was taller than me by around half an inch- which didn’t make any difference. As luck would have it, we also wore the same sized shoes, so Ellie had insisted on lending me a pair of heels. She placed a cream coloured pair on the carpet in front of me, and gestured for me to put them on. I cautiously slid my feet into them, feeling slightly unstable as I stood several inches above my usual height.