Chapter 13

[A/N: My summer vacation is finally over, so the A/N I made will be deleted. Thanks to those who understand that I was going to be gone for a long time and couldn't update!]

Ayano's POV

How long has it been since I last saw Taro?

Days? Weeks? Months? I couldn't count them all. The only thing I did was wait.

He never came back to school anymore, and everyone was worried about what happened. Some say he was in a car accident, while others said he moved far, far away from here.

Yet, his sister is still coming to school, and not him.

My heart and soul has constantly been worrying about him. He didn't die, did he? Then again, it's almost impossible for him to die.

..Or is it?

Every single day, I had to talk to either Midori or Budo, and it was not fun at all. They both blabber all the time about things I wouldn't even care about. I just really want him back. My Taro. My senpai.

Heck, I missed him so much that I never pay attention in class anymore. Class to me was just dull, and so has my life. Everyone pretty much stayed the same, except all of my 'rivals' that I had before. They would constantly try to call or text him, yet he never picked up. They were all so worried that they tried talking to his sister about it, and even she doesn't know where he went.

I sighed, staring at my bento box. I haven't ate very much since then, and I lost a couple of pounds due to that. Midori is constantly talking about this 'Yandere Dev' guy again. I can't stand it anymore, being away from him.

Tomorrow, I'll try to find him, day or night, even if it means I have to skip school.

~

A cold puff of air came out of my mouth as I was walking down the concrete street, looking left and right for him. It was a lot colder than expected today, and yet I was still searching for him.

I checked every alley, every street, no clue, no sign. I even checked the stores and restaurants for him, and even asked them if he'd ever come in there. They only replied saying that they haven't seen him for a very long time. I sighed, my legs and feet wanting to give up on me.

Yet, I still searched for the one I loved.

I continued to try to search for him, until I saw someone wearing our school uniform with black hair. I pushed people out of the way, trying to get to the person.

And once I did, I realized it wasn't the right person.

It was Budo.

Yet.. he wasn't wearing his red bandana like he would always do.

"Ayano?" He said. I nodded my head, and quickly he put his hands on my shoulders, which made me stiffen up.

"Where have you been? School is already over!" He cried out, shaking my body. My pushed him away slightly and looked into his eyes.

"Look, I was trying to find Taro, alright? I'm.. worried about him. He hasn't come since.. for god knows how long," I replied. He sighed and let go of my shoulders.

"Sorry about that. I know how much he means to you," he sighed, "that boyfriend of yours.." he mumbled. My cheeks turned into a tinted pink as I smacked him on the shoulder.

"H-He's not my boyfriend!" I screeched at him. He laughed and waved his hand around.

"I was kidding, I was kidding," he chuckled as he saw my expression. "Anyways, do you want to go to my house? We can play games, watch a movie, or.. I don't know."

I thought about it for a second. Although he is pretty boring like Midori, he's still considered my friend, and plus, I don't have anything else better to do.

"Sure," I agreed to him. He took one of my arms into his and started dragging to his house, saying "Onward!" And some other nonsense things.

~

"Well, we're here," he chirped.

His house wasn't out of the ordinary, it was just a normal house. White walls. A brown roof, and a garden along with some different colored flowers.

"Nice house," I complimented, even though I didn't want to. He opened a door and mumbled a "thanks," before stepping inside and taking off his shoes. I followed him and did the same thing.

"Anyways, make yourself at home, I have something from my bedroom I have to check on first," he said before walking off upstairs.

He looked around the place, it seemed normal, and nothing seemed out of place.

I heard something downstairs. A mouse? Maybe it's a person? But then again, Budo lives alone, he told me that a long time ago.

Curiosity took over me, and I reached my hand on the doorknob. Opening it, I found the person I wanted to see the most.

Taro Yamada.

"Oh? It seems like you've found him," Budo chuckled darkly as his lips were near my ear.