XII ⋆ BAD NEWS

GHOST FEELINGS CHAPTER XII

╔═══════════════╗  

BAD NEWS

╚═══════════════╝

★ ✶ ★ ✶ ★

     As Theo was preparing to tell Scott all the events that took place while he was gone, Hayden and Corey exited the room as fast as they could, carrying an unconcious Eiza in between their arms — Corey was holding her feet while Hayden, her arms.

     Hayden got her phone out of her pocket and dialed Ben's number. Five seconds later, Eiza's brother was answering the call with a worried tone. Hayden explained everything to him, including that they were transferring Eiza to the hospital due to her bad condition. Ben ended the conversation announcing that he and Sabrina would be there in a few minutes, cursing under his breath because of the recent events.

     The two continued walking around the preserve, until suddenly Corey stopped, kneeling down as if something had fallen out of his pocket and he was going to look for it. Hayden looked at him with a questioning look.

     "What are you doing?" She asked, struggling to keep Eiza on her arms.

     "I have to tie my shoelaces," Cory answered, looking a little bit ashamed for it. "You go, we're in a hurry. I'll catch up."

     Hayden nodded and put Eiza on her back, walking away at a fast pace.

     Minutes later, Corey got up and resumed his journey. Suddenly, he saw someone in the shadows and came to a halt. When this mysterious silhouette came closer, he distinguished him as Mr. Douglas. He was carrying a whip, a Ghost Rider whip, to his surprise.

     "W-What are you doing?" Corey stammered. The teacher put his whip behind him, as if he was ready to attack his student. Corey showed a facial expression full of confusion and terror.

     "Something I've been waiting to do for a very long time."

     As soon as Mr. Douglas finished talking, his brown eyes became green and rolled his whip up around Corey's neck, making him disappear for good.

•  •  •

Hayden arrived at the hospital, all messed up and breathless. Sabrina was the first one to receive her, Ben following close behind. They walked-runned to both girls, who were waiting on the entrance door. Sabrina emited yell of terror when she saw her best friend lying breathless — or almost — on Hayden's arms. She clasped a hand over her mouth, Ben hugging her from behind. Both wore alarmed expressions, as well as Hayden.