↬seven.

A/N: I do not take credit for any images above. They are simply added for visual purposes.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

"Welcome back, " the girl smiled as he walked in, the familiar bell ringing above him. He gave her a small wave before looking for a bottle of water.

Then, he strolled over to the cash register and leaned on the counter that separated them. She glanced at him, wary. "So, you're a regular now, huh?"

"Well, I like the area. It's not much, but...it's enough, " he handed her three dollars while looking outside the window.

She hummed in response and gave him his receipt, which he carelessly stuffed into his pocket. He took a gulp of his water; gesturing outside, towards the alleyway.

"Have you seen any new paintings?"

The girl nodded. "Yup, it's different from what they usually do."

"They?" he quirked an eyebrow at her.

"Yeah. You know, the main artist there?" she ran her fingers through her hair; he watched her delicate movements. "I'm sure you know them. P.B?"

"Yes. Actually, P.B. is my personal favorite."

"Oh? Me too, " she grinned before grabbing a chocolate bar for herself.

As he was about to leave the drugstore, he turned and asked her: "Have you, by any chance, seen P.B? In person?"

"No, no. And I'm always here. They must paint at night, " she answered and he nodded.

"Right. Well, thanks."

  She simply smiled at him, then disappeared below the counter. He pushed open the door and jogged over to the colorful walls.

  His eyes roamed the alley, taking his time to look at the artist's past work. He finally settled in the center of it all and his mouth parted slightly in awe.

  The girl from the drugstore was right. This painting was different from the others; it was even better.

  "What a unique way to draw the human mind, " he whispered, squinting. "But so true. Our brains are like a Rubix's Cube, different in every way and difficult to solve."

  He looked back at the drugstore, watching the girl close it down. She was so strange, so mysterious.

  But like a Rubix's Cube, she wasn't impossible to solve. To understand.

  And he certainly wanted to.