↬nine.

A/N: I do not take credit for any images above. They are simply added for visual purposes.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

  He walked into the drugstore, still dumbfounded. Instead of looking for a snack, he went straight for the cash register or, more specifically, to the girl behind it.

  Her head shot up at his presence. "Oh, hello. You're early."

  "Early? I didn't know I was on a schedule here."

  "Maybe not purposely, but you always arrive sometime in the evening. It's still afternoon!" she pointed out and he shrugged, wearing a distant look. "What's with the face?

  "I just caught a glimpse of the new painting. It surprised me because it wasn't in the alley, instead it was in front where it could easily be seen. I can't stop thinking about it, " he explained while she leaned forward with interest.

"What's your interpretation of it?"

He turned to gaze out of the window, at the stunning painting outside. "It's so clever, the artist is. The one to left, he's broken. He has no creativity, no happiness, yet he has money. But then, the one to the right, who is another type of 'broke', his lightbulb is on. It's a whole other way, a very phenomenal way, to show that money is not everything. Money cannot buy happiness."

When she didn't reply, he faced her and was met with a lovely smile. He couldn't help returning it; his heart began to hammer.

A beautiful exchange of smiles changed their perspective of each other to something that neither of them could comprehend just yet. Now, he didn't walk to the deserted part of the city for new paintings by P.B, but for the captivating girl also.

  She felt something delicate and delightful blooming in the depths of her heart. Just like that, she was excited for their next encounter and for all the others to come.

  Finally, they both truly had something to look forward to.

A/N: this chapter is shorter than usual, I apologize. I thought it had to end like this, at a sweet moment between the two.

But how are you all liking the story? It seems to be growing, doesn't it? Their relationship, P.B's mystery, the plot in general.

Please vote, if you enjoyed the chapter, and comment your thoughts!