Chapter Four

Kate knew she had crossed a line she had set up but when his eyes suddenly opened she knew there was absolutely no turning back. Because when she saw his blue, surprise-filled eyes there was no doubt that he didn't want the same. His head pushed up in order to let their mouths smudge together, instead of the light almost non-touch she'd made. One of his hands tangled itself into her long brown hair as he pulled her closer to keep her from pulling away, not that he would force her to stay if she wanted to stop. Kate melted into the kiss much like she had melted into his body every time they'd made lo... had sex. When his tongue shocked her by running by her lower lip she parted her lips as if in a trance, and when their tongues met she was high. Her head felt dizzy, her body roared with a newfound arousal she had never felt before and she moaned, louder and more desire-filled than she'd ever done. It was like she was high on him, as if his taste was a new drug she couldn't stay away from.

When he pushed her down in the mattress, keeping their mouths locked while turning with her, she knew she was long gone. She wanted him, truly wanted him. And not as in 'she needed money so let's have some fun so she can get it' but in a very different way. His hips started grinding into hers and she immediately met his grinds with her own, it was like she didn't have to think of what to do next for once. Her body was responding immediately to his without any effort. It was even less effort than she had before considering she didn't have to think about not kissing his lips anymore, since their lips were already smudged together. She felt like she could finally let go, finally be herself, and she let her hands go from where they had been resting at his back to the hem of his shirt. It surprised her how much her hands trembled as she pulled it up his body, almost as if she hadn't done this before, almost as if she was nervous. Their lips parted long enough for his shirt to leave his body completely, and to her surprise he only slowed down after that. His lips returned to hers with a smooth motion, his fingers reaching to find hers only to push them to lay beside her head. He intertwined their fingers, hugging her hands tightly and she let her fingers return the hug. It felt as though her heart was expanding and she wondered how that was possible. She had never felt like she did with him, everything was heightened. His touch especially.

His fingers left hers to slide down her arms into her upper body and she shivered at the sensation. His lips left hers and his body followed his fingers down to the hem of her shirt. She wondered what he was doing but couldn't find the strength to raise and look down at him. Only a few seconds after she'd pushed away the thought of raising up to cure her curiosity she felt his fingers carefully lifting the hem of her shirt, his lips finding her bare skin within milliseconds. She felt her belly shudder at the touch, but his lips continued upwards, kissing every inch as he slid up her shirt. Her breathing was uneven a little now and then, and when his lips came to her breasts her breath hitched. He gave her breasts equal gentle attention before he continued to her neck, placing open mouthed kisses everywhere. Lastly, when he pulled the shirt over her head his lips found hers and the kiss was as gentle as every small kiss he'd laid all over her body. Her whole body was tingling after his ministrations and it certainly didn't stop when their bodies were finally bare of any clothing, mending together like two magnets attracted to each other. Kate had never understood how people could express themselves as making love when they had sex, but now, being one with his body, every motion slow and beautiful, she could finally see it.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––

As Rick woke up he looked around in his bed, feeling a bit colder than he thought he would, and realized why. He was alone. Where'd she go? Was she even here? Yes. She must've. He couldn't take it if she hadn't. Because if it had all been a dream he didn't know what he would do. Wouldn't know how to live on because it had all been so amazing. She was amazing. A sudden movement had his head snapping towards his bedroom door, in which she came through and was that his white shirt?