XV. The Quindecim Reunion

Happy Eclipse Day for the USA! Do I have any readers who are watching it besides me?

Back to the story, How about a little more fun times with Krennic? But not the sexual fun times.

I don't own anything.
==========================================
Dinner was good. Well, it's always good (because food is the best) but tonight you made the extra effort to ask Krennic out, and much to your delight, he agreed. You even presented the amount of paperwork you completed for him, which influenced his decision even more. 

You bring him to a restaurant you found a month ago with your roommates. It carries first class food that tastes like third class food. Nothing special, yet it has been like a dream world to you. Even Orson admits your choice pleases him, often complimenting the food in between your stream of questions about how he got released from the hospital early.

"I tricked all the nurses and doctors. I timed their movements and routinely check-ins and then I slipped out."

"What about the receptionist?" You ask.

Orson laughs softly. "She was in a heated argument with an officer. It couldn't have been more perfect timing."

"But shouldn't you be allowing your body to heal?"

"Nah. The damned place is so boring. We have the technology to heal someone in hours and yet the doctors continue to do it the old fashioned way." Orson's ranting makes you smile and relax in a way that you haven't felt in a while. "Besides, a few bruises isn't the end of my life."

"Do you... how did you get those anyway..?"

Orson's smile disappears. In a quiet voice that only you can hear, he explains how he had been attacked from behind... twice. "The first person... I think I've seen them before... but I can't remember. He looked... he looked so familiar, though..."

"Can you explain?"

"Brown hair, brown eyes, thin face, kind of feminine so he's probably almost too young to be here, and... that's all I remember. Oh yeah, he was a private." Well, you can think of about seventy privates that match those descriptions. So that wasn't helpful. Orson tells you to not worry about it. "I'll find them myself."

"What about the first person?"

He just shrugs. But his eyes darken. You drop the subject and turn it on to something a little more light hearted. You can always ask him later.

When dinner is over, he offers you to take a walk with him, which you immediately respond with "Yes!" Orson holds out his arm, his elbow bent perfectly so his hand nearly touches his hip. You know exactly what to do, yet you hesitate. Should you really be allowing his subordinates to know about your relationship? You voice your opinion and he shrugs. "I'll deal with the questions." So you hook your hand around his arm.

You do receive a few strange glances but most people don't give a second though about it. Orson brings you up to one of the higher floors where the two of you can get a good view out of the Star Destroyer. Speaking of the destroyer... "What's the name of this ship anyway?" You ask.

"The Quindecim."

"That's an odd name for a ship."

"It means fifteen," says Orson. "Comes from a language on the planet of Earth, which is farther than the Outer Rim. This Star Destroyer is the fifteenth of its kind to carry special proton based shield generators."

"So does that mean that the other ships with the proton based shield generators are also named after numbers?"

He nods. "They're all named after numbers from different Earthen languages. It's shocking, honestly, how many languages there are on the planet of Earth." He pauses for a moment before saying "I once had a friend named Lyra. She was the one that taught me how to count in multiple languages. She had an ear for mimicry... and it was astounding... she would have liked to travel to Earth..." He drifts off into his own thoughts. Whoever this Lyra woman was must have made quite the impact on Orson's life. The way his eyes cloud over as he's thinking probably means he had a deep connection with her that severed in one of the worst ways possible.

You don't say anything until you reach a window. There's no stars but the deep pit of space is a good enough view for you. You squeeze Krennic's forearm before slipping your hand down past his wrist. Your hands lock together as though they had been created exactly for that purpose.

You suddenly become aware of Orson's eyes on you. You turn his way and lock your (e/c) eyes with his blue ones. "What?" You ask out of pure reaction.

"Nothing," he says. "Just admiring you."

"Don't make it become an awkward thing for everyone around us."

"I won't." He pulls you close and presses his lips against yours. In public! Orson seems to have no shame in his public view onboard the ship.

Not that you two have an impressive audience anyway. There are only two stormtroopers and an officer in the room. They leave as soon as Krennic kisses you. Now in full privacy, you take the liberty to kiss back with all passion.

Back and forth the two of you go, leaning into each other's lips as you kiss. You can still smell the lingering sterile medical bay on his skin but for the most part he smells like dinner. Your fingers become tangled in the little hair curls just above his nape. He traces your shoulder blades delicately with his fingers, causing you to shiver.

Eventually the burn in your lungs became too strong to ignore. You want nothing more than to continue kissing yet your body says otherwise. With much reluctance, you pull away from Orson and look back up into his eyes. Like you, his shoulders tremble with each shaky breath. Both of you are smiling like teenagers.

Orson wraps his arms around you and presses you against his chest. You rest your head on his shoulder and he strokes your hair. Neither of you need to say anything to make this the perfect way to end the day. Just his company is enough to for you.

Then you hear slow clapping near the door. You jerk your head in that direction swe saw an officer standing in the doorway. Actually, it's the same woman you saw the other day giving you the orders to visit Galen on Eadu. She wore a soft smile on her face and even though the wrinkles under her eyes revealed that she was pushing sixty, she could have easily passed as in her late thirties.

Then the atmosphere changes. On instint, you glance to your side to see Orson staring straight at the woman. His smile was gone. His hands fell from your body and all his attention went to the woman.

You glanced back at the woman. Her soft smile turned hard and sneering. "I had no idea you and (Miss/Mr.) (L/Name) were in love," she said. "It's really cute."

In contrast to the female officer's expression, Krennic bore a deep scowl on his face. With a soft voice that sounded as dangerous as it was quiet, he said "Good to see you too, Cuz."
==========================================
Well that escalated quickly.

Any of my readers watch/have watched the anime Death Parade? That's where I got the name Quindecim (Quindecim is a Latin word meaning "fifteen." In the anime, there's a bar named the Quindecim because it's on the fifteenth floor).

How is the pacing for this story? I'm worried I might be dragging this out too much. If anyone has some criticism for the pacing, please PLEASE tell me. Whether you think it's fine, need fixing, or have a suggestion on what I should do as an alternative, I'd love to hear it!

Please review and vote!