XX. Gunfire

Over the past few months since I last updated it, quite a few of you readers have commented or messaged me to update. And so after finding some time to get my fingers on the keyboard where I'm not typing up college essays, I have finally written a chapter.

Also this I the 20th chapter of the book. If anyone remembers what's going on from the last chapter, I'm impressed. You have  a better memory than I do and I wrote the book.  

I don't own Star Wars.
========================================
Chaos broke out among Jiara. People are pointing fingers or blasters at one another, ships are being rushed out of the square, there's speed bidding, shouting, crying, and stampedes as people run away or towards where the shot was fired. You get up and give Ryuzaki a solid punch in the face. "You couldn't conceal the gun for long could you?" He doesn't respond and you're glad he doesn't.

You run to the nearest ships and note that it has a nuclear reactor. You're thinking of stealing it since Orson wants it and there's so much chaos no one will notice it's gone until it's too late.

That's when a gunshot breaks out, followed quickly by a volley of more shot. At first you throw yourself to the ground and cover your head, but when your senses finally kick in, the gunshot are nowhere near you. You peek around the ship to see that most of the fire is concentrated in Orson's direction. Someone must have recognized him.

You grab your electro binoculars and scramble to the top of the ship to see better with them. Len has... a lightsaber... behind her is Orson, who has his pistol out. On the other side of Orson is Matsuda with her pistol in one hand and a possibly stolen one in the other.

You look for Mello and Near. You find them on the wall that surrounds Jiara, high above everyone else. They are talking about something but they're not firing. Weren't they supposed to protect the director if someone attempted to assassinate him? Rather, it doesn't seem like they're even aware that there's a shootout going on.

You lift your arm to com them and yell at them. Suddenly you're grabbed from behind and dropped into a speeder. Ryuzaki hops in next to you, explaining his brilliant plan of some sorts. "I've found our two ships. No one cares about bidding anymore so we'll get away with taking them. Strap in and let's go get the rest!" 

He's right. There's so much commotion that no one knows what's going on. Someone nearby is shouting "The Imperials are coming!" The gates are locked closed and a ray shield stretches over the walled city. Hidden cannons unfold from the wall, their barrels poking through the ray shield. Jiara looks ready for war.

"Ryuzaki, why aren't Mello and Near doing anything?" You ask as you hang on to the side. He doesn't answer. Ryuzaki trusts the controls forward, knocking over some people.

"Good Forcing Maker!" You screech. "You could care to drive more carefully!"

"Language," he smirks back. He then adds "Hang on," as he throws the throttle backwards and his weight and joysticks to the left, forcing the speeder to bank hard to the left and spin.

How you didn't puke is a miracle. Ryuzaki ends up next to the wall where Mello and Near are hanging out. "Hey chief!" Mello calls as he drops into the speeder, Near following close behind. "What's the situation?"

Near looks at you. "R. Dekin, you look like you've seen a ghost." And maybe you have: your own ghost to be exact. 

"Failed. Let's move. We gotta get Matsuda."

"What about Krennic?" You insist, snapping out of your trance. 

"Why is (L/Name) here?" Demands Near.