XVI. Cousin

Some violence in this chapter, but hopefully not too severe for you to handle.

Fun little trivia before we start. This entire chapter was written as the original chapter 6 (A Dinner and Sunset) but I decided against using it until a better time. Full description at the end of the chapter because I find it interesting and I hope you do too.

I don't own anything.
==========================================
"I agree." Barcalon's blue eyes begin to sear through the two of you. "It IS good to see you, cuz."

Krennic's hands clamp into a fist. "Cut to the chase. What do you want?"

"If you're patient, maybe I'll tell you."

Orson's scowl deepens. "You're here to kill me, aren't you?" He reaches up and uncoils his cape, allowing it to fall to the floor.

"Not just that, Little Kren. I'm here to take everything from you."

That was it. Krennic snaps and he shoots forwards, his left hand coiled to hit her. "DON'T CALL ME THAT!!" Barcalon's smirk disappears and her eyes turn dead serious. She draws back her left fist and bolts towards Krennic. The two cousins strike each other on the right side; Krennic hitting Barcalon's hip and she in his ribs. They stagger past each other before whirling around and engaging in an extremely fast paced fist fight.

Your hand sits on your blaster, ready to help, yet you can't shoot Barcalon without risking Orson's life. Your eyes dart back and forth, wincing when one stuck the other. Both had an insane skill in hand-to-hand combat and you didn't have the eye to tell who had the upper hand on the fight.

Barcalon swings her leg towards Orson's ankles. He jumps over it and strikes out his arm. She dodges his fist and tries to seize his arm but ends up with a fist to her stomach. Barcalon stumbled backwards, setting a large gap between him and her. "You've gotten better," Barcalon says, a hint of impression in her voice. She resets her stance, placing both fists at her hips. Her knees are partially bent and one foot, though lagging behind in distance, is turned perpendicular to her other one.

"I've had my reasons to," Orson responds. He curls his arms upwards, hands balled up parallel to his nose. His stance is an odd one, with his weight shifted to one foot while the other was nearly suspended off the ground.

"Is it because of (her/him)?" Barcalon nods towards your direction. "I knew you would fall in love but I didn't imagine it would be over someone so... unappealing to look at."

You feel your blood boil and you cock your blaster. Orson is also offended by her remark and he shows it by charging at her. She ducks out of his fist's path but doesn't see his leg until it's slammed into her gut, flinging her back. Barcalon tumbles out the doorway into the hall. Orson doesn't waste anytime chasing her out.

You rush into the hallway, your blaster in front of you. You freeze when you hear a blaster click. Barcalon has her back against the wall, a blaster in her hand. Krennic trapped in her arm by his neck, struggling to breathe.

Orson looks at you with a wild expression as he claws helplessly at Barcalon's arm. With a cold smirk, his cousin speaks. "You know, I've never had much respect from you, Krennic, but having an apprentice to satisfy your romantic needs? I'd never expect you to dip that low."