XV. How Do You Take Astronomy?

Fifteen chapters in and I still haven't written a make out scene with Krennic because don't know how to write a make out scene. You would think I would know since I'm a legal American adult next year...

I don't own anything.
========================================
"STOP SINGING THAT SONG!!" Mello snaps, his eyes shooting invisible and harmless daggers over his shoulder.

"But it fun!" Matsuda whines. Yet she stops singing and lets her feet drag slightly as she follows him.

"It's annoying," Mello scowls. "Where did you learn that song anyway?"

"Ryuzaki..."

Mello glares at Ryuzaki, who just shrugs in response, clearly not caring. "Calm down, DT-NE," Ryuzaki mutters. "We're all bored. It's not like this is a scenic hike. This is the flattest grassland I've ever seen."

Mello opens his mouth to retort but doesn't allow any words to escape. He lets out a huff and continues walking, ignoring Matsuda's humming and focusing on Near, Krennic, and your back.

The heat is starting to make your head spin and you wish you hadn't drank most of your water ration early. Your mind can hardly process anything being said behind you. Rather, it focuses on your own internal complaints.

First, you want water. You feel like you haven't tasted the cool soothing liquid in years and you wouldn't be surprised if your skin is starting to shrivel like it does in the shower. Second, you wish you had bright clothing like Orson, even if the brighter colors hurt your eyes when the greenish sun reflected off them. Why does the Empire wear such dark standard uniforms anyway? Yes, it is cold in space, but do they think they are some evil organization or something? The rebels wear lighter colored clothing that allows them to tolerate warm and cold weather.

Wait, why do you care anyway? You're a mathematician, not a clothes designer.

Third, you wish you could eat. Again, the rations are under Orson's control and he decides when everyone drinks and when they eat. At the moment, any feelings for him you had are gone and you want to knock him over and eat and drink all of it. But you know better than to do that. It's probably the heat getting to your head.

The sound of Near clearing his throat makes you look towards him. He takes a deep breath and says the first thing he's said in the last hour. "How the hell do they have that much energy?"

"Who?" You ask. Yeouch, your throat feels like a frog is stuck in it.

He nods towards the three Death Troopers. Mello and Ryuzaki are chatting away under their breaths while Matsuda has taken to running around the group collecting rocks. She travels back and forth between "special" rocks and Orson, presenting them to him, to which he responds with "That's nice, Matsuda," or something along those lines.

"How much longer do you suppose it is until we find somewhere interesting?" Near grumbles. "If you're a good mathematician as the Director says, shouldn't you be able to calculate our exact coordinates using the sun?"

"I didn't take astronomy," You admit. "I only understand the basics."

"How you take astronomy?" Matsuda wants to know. She stops running and matches your stride. "You can't steal it." Near rolls his eyes while you try to explain it to her with the least amount of words. You'd rather waste your energy walking.

It doesn't seem like your words are reaching her brain. Rather, they seem to go through one ear and right out the other. But she doesn't leave your side until you finish. She nods appropriately and grins the whole time. "Thank you, (Name)!" she says before dropping behind you... to ask Ryuzaki the same question.