Ten.

We hadn't gone home in a couple of days and we hadn't gone to the hospital either, Christopher had gotten more used to Auntie Louise and they were the bestest of friends, especially the day that Papa came barging through the door with tears in his eyes. "Daniel!" She was on her feet in a hurry and I saw the tears in her own eyes but they soon cut off when he started laughing, "Are you alright?" Her hands went out to him but he just ran at her and wrapped his arms around her. Neither me nor her knew what this meant. Grieving took many people down many different paths, this could be a sign of happiness, or this could be his way of grieving. "How is Philip?" He looked down at her and sniffled, nodding. A tiny, shaky, gasp escaped her and she slowly wrapped her own arms around Papa. "He's okay, Lou, he's amazing." She started to laugh just as much as he was, the pun was intended. He turned to me and Christopher, though Christopher was already attaching himself to his legs, and held open his arms. "God damn I missed you two." He didn't usually swear if front of us though this wasn't one of the worse words and I knew that he wouldn't hold it against himself, this was a happy occasion and he had every right to swear.

Grabbing my hands he spun me around in the air before holding me very tightly to his chest, "I missed you to, Papa." Wrapping my tiny arms around him I was surprised when he managed to bring Christopher up as well, though I knew he'd probably regret that later. He wasn't the strongest Papa in the entire universe. "Me and Baby Bear," His dark eyes lit up and I knew that for the first time in days he was happy, he was truly happy. Any fights he and Daddy might've had prior to this no longer mattered, because he realised that either of them could pass away at either time and they should spend this time loving each other, not fighting. At least, that's what I hoped he was thinking. Something close to that at least. Wrapping my arms around Papa's neck he was suddenly bringing us to the front door, "Don't you want to at least say goodbye to Auntie Louise first?" He seemed confused for a second before almost dropping us and scrambling back to hug her again, as if though he'd forgotten she was even there. "Come on Papa, isn't Daddy waiting for us?" He turned back to me and his chest swelled with happiness and he nodded.

It didn't take us very long to get to the hospital, though it became apparent that he must've run over to Auntie Louise's because we had to take the Tube to the hospital, and soon we were in front of the door of Daddy's room. "Now, he's very weak still so no jumping on top of him or making him yell, you two got it?" We placed our hands over our hearts before zipping our mouths shut and waiting impatiently for Papa to open the door. When he finally did, which seemed much to slow for my liking, I saw Daddy all hooked up with wires and looking a lot paler than normal. Though the second his eyes landed on us a little splash of colour appeared on his cheeks. Tears appeared in my eyes and Papa must've sensed what I was about to do because he kept a gentle grip on my shoulder, enabling me from running and flinging myself into his chest. "Afternoon, Philly." He smiled and walked over, placing a kiss on Daddy's cheek. "Our cubs have missed you." Daddy started to chuckle before coughing and looking over at us, smiling softly.

"Well, I've missed our Cubs as well. Get your butts over here," He sat up the best he could before opening his arms and I flung myself into his chest. I heard Papa clear his throat, disappointed, but Daddy looked up at him. "Oh come on, Dan, I'm not dead yet. If a damn heart attack couldn't kill me then her hugging me isn't gonna kill me." Papa clicked his tongue but smiled, Daddy was a bit more snarky than usual but it was almost impossible for him to not love him. "Christopher?" Turning around I saw him standing a good distance away and I suddenly realised he still thought that it was his fault, I told this to Daddy and he nodded. "Hey, come here." He patted the spot next to me, I'd already claimed my dominance on the bed. "It's not your fault, alright?" He placed a kiss on top of Christopher's head and smiled, "Daddy's just getting a little old, that's all, but I promise it wasn't your fault and that I'm not leaving you for a very very long time, okay?" Christopher nodded before wrapping his arms around Daddy's neck and sniffling a little bit, but when he pulled back there wasn't a tear in his eyes. "I promise Christopher, really."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kind of a sucky chapter but things happened and things are okay and I am still at a standstill of where this story could go because I don't want to repeat the first story to much.