So It Begins

Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to any (song) names/persons mentioned in this story. This is a fictitious representation of events. Uses are for entertainment purposes only.

--

August 13th - 9:18am - 129 South Miranda Place - Hidden Hills - Los Angles, California

Bey POV

"Lo.." I purred.

I don't know if I was really even capable of complete sentences. My brain was on a time out, letting my body's demand for an orgasm take over. Lauren had me against the wall in our shower, my chest pressed into the tile. I should have known that the simple prospect of getting ready for the day would lead to amazing sex with Lauren. Nothing about the last 24 hours had been normal or expected.

After my extremely odd and distant interaction with Onika in the kitchen, I went back upstairs to climb back in bed with Robyn. She quickly readjusted to my arms wrapped around her and was out cold, softly snoring again in seconds. I, on the other hand, could not fall asleep. I just lay there for hours staring at the wall, holding her.

What the fuck was Onika's problem? Yes, she was on the phone at first and yes, she'd probably had an incredibly long day and yes, it was three a.m., but she couldn't even say hi? Her "night" was curt and rude like she was forcing it out and only because she knew I was looking at her.

Onika and I had yet to speak. I didn't even think to ask for her number. When Rob told me not to expect to hear from her I didn't give it another thought. That night it was all I could think about. She was busy. I got it, but now I was starting to think she had been avoiding me on purpose.

Maybe she didn't have time to call me, but she was always talking on her iPhone. She could text me on that thing or email me or something. I'd been in touch with the girls for two whole weeks and I hadn't heard from Onika once. Someone I was supposed to be living with, sleeping with, but no, nothing.

I rolled, facing the other wall. Robyn followed, wrapping her arms around me. A loud frustrated sigh, slipped out.

"Sweetie, what's wrong?" Robyn mumbled.

"Nothing, Rob. Sorry. Go back to sleep." I rubbed her hand, trying to lull her back under. It seemed to work. My mind was still racing, though. Maybe I was making something out of nothing. Maybe she was just standoffish at first. Robyn and Lauren seemed really trustworthy. They would have told me if Onika was some sort of mega bitch or if she had a mental problem that prevented her from being polite.

I really wanted to get along with her. I loved spending time with Lauren and Robyn and it made my chest hurt to think that there could be problems between Onika and I.

Finally the part of me who really wanted to go to sleep convinced the rest of me that Onika was just tired. I was pretty sure she had Sunday off and that would give us plenty of time to talk. Somewhere between wondering how to approach her and thinking of creative ways to wake Robyn up I drifted off into a deep, dreamless sleep.