What Lovers Do

Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to any (song) names/persons mentioned in this story. This is a fictitious representation of events. Uses are for entertainment purposes only.

--

October 28th, 2016 - 11:23pm - 129 South Miranda Place - Los Angles, California

Bey POV

I prided myself on being a fairly sensible young woman

I prided myself on being a fairly sensible young woman. Every now and then, though, I couldn't resist the chance to be a little over dramatic.

I finished stowing away my gown, cleaned up my face and joined Lauren for a little game of "Tag-Your-Clit" under her sheets. We passed out, blissfully spent and I slept through the night.

The next morning I retreated to my room and opened my MacBook. I dragged the eighteen songs into their own playlist and sat there, my legs tucked to my chest, staring at each title and artist. I knew all but a few of the songs, but from the titles I could tell they fit the theme. I played with my fingernails for fives minutes before pressing play.

I listened to every song twice, carefully pouring over the lyrics. At first I was simply impressed with the diversity of the songs. Onika had managed to create a playlist of tunes by everyone from Wale to Tevin Campbell, Joe, and then to Kehlani. What made it work was the order of the tracks. The all flowed right into another like phases of love.

And then I was simply floored by the implications. By the time I forced myself to press stop I wasn't entirely shocked to feel tears running down my face.

I had no idea what to do. There was no way I could ignore the events of the last twenty-fours. Onika had intentionally looked out for me and these eighteen tracks were no accident. But what the hell was I supposed to say.

Onika was out most of the day, but when she came home I thanked her for the CDs, hoping it would strike up a conversation where she would come clean. It went a little something like this.

Me: Thank you for the CDs. I already put them on my computer.

Onika: No problem.

Then she left the room. I wasn't hurt by this. It was what I expected, but I was still confused. Anyone with a brain could tell I still had feelings for Onika. Sure, I suppressed them and didn't let them interfere with my life or my relationship with the girls, but the feelings were there. I couldn't deny it.

Now I had to mull over the fact that Onika MIGHT feel the same way. I decided to wait for her to come to me. I'd already put myself out there and I was still recovering from those emotional burns. Onika had made the decision to bring me my phone and she had made the decision to kiss me and make me that mix. I knew if she felt the way I thought she did, she would eventually make up her mind to come clean.