Destiny Fulfilled

Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to any (song) names/persons mentioned in this story. This is a fictitious representation of events. Uses are for entertainment purposes only.

--

July 19th, 2021 - 7:38pm - 129 South Miranda Place - Los Angles, California

Bey POV

For July the weather was perfect

For July the weather was perfect. The night air had caught a gentle breeze and all I could smell was the freshly watered grass from our neighbors yard. Aside from a few people coming and going, Miranda Place hadn't really changed much. But my life-it had changed plenty.

"I know you have to go." I looked down at Roman, our year old German Rottweiler. He peered up at me like he had no idea what I was talking about. This was his typical routine, forcing me to circle the block three times before he decided he really did have to pee. "We're in your favorite spot. I don't know why you won't go. Okay, fine. One more lap."

Before I would have been annoyed with Roman's antics. I knew he just wanted to be outside, but I couldn't blame him. It was a nice night and I had plenty to think about, plenty to reflect upon. The walk would do us both some good.

Looking back, I can honestly say I never thought I would find myself in this situation. Living with the girls had been a leap for me. I stepped outside of my comfort zone into a whole new experience. I didn't know what to expect of it all and I certainly didn't expect to find myself here, nearly five years later, still on the same block, but with whole different life and a completely unexpected family.

Rob and Lauren had taken the news surprisingly well. When they came down to breakfast that morning, Robyn almost seemed prepared for it.

"I'm not shocked really," Robyn admitted. "You've always been Onika's favorite."

I turned to Onika quickly, seeing a faint blush touch her cheeks. "Really?"

"Ah, yeah. She's never caused this much trouble over anyone else. Plus you were all emo and sulky while she was gone. I figured something was up." Rob laughed, then cleared her throat, nervously. "But no--this is good. Gives me a chance to make an honest woman out of Lauren."

None of us were expecting that. I pulled myself closer to Onika's side, watching the shocked expression on Lauren's face. Robyn went on to tell us, Lauren mostly, that she'd been wanting to be with just her since the very beginning. She just didn't know how to approach the question. But with Onika and I pulling out all together, that door was forced wide open.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I could feel myself smiling, looking at the tears of joy gathering in Lauren's eyes.

"I thought you were happy with the way things were, so I didn't want to upset you," she scanned Lauren's face carefully, "But I'm starting to think I should have."