Chapter 2

Today is Thursday. Tomorrow is the awaited day, or that is what everyone says.

Once I stood up from my bed, I went right to the bathroom. Decided to take a long and peaceful shower. While the water was running down my body, a certain friend decided to appear.

Remember to go tell Alpha Scarlet, where you want to go tomorrow night. Ask her to come with, just to be polite.

What. She's too busy, she's not gonna come with.

Just ask.

I guess I'll ask then.

Once I was done taking my long shower, I stepped out, grabbed my towel, and stood in front of the mirror for just a second. Looking right back at me, was, well, me. Dark brown hair and the stupidest gray eyes, I told James to get me contact lenses so no one could see this awfully boring color, but do you think he listened to me? No.

I guess my body is ok. I'm more on the slim side, no muscles nor anything. I never trained much, since I don't have any important rank on the pack, I never really gave training much importance. I'm just a simple pack member, nothing important.

I walked over to my dresser and took out my plain white tee, and black jeans. My usual shoes and I'm ready to go. I quickly went to my nightstand to check my phone real quick. Just a message from James.

James: Bro, tell Alpha Scarlet about the dinner tomorrow night after that come find me and Tina.

I didn't even reply but made sure he knew I read it. I checked the time 10:00a.m, ok it's not that late. I stuck my phone in my back pocket, looked myself in the mirror as I walked out of my room. I fast walked the complete corridor, and down the stairs. When I found the door I was looking for, the big yellow one. I knocked the door and waited for a few seconds. I heard a soft "Come in", so I opened the door, into the Alpha's office, and there was Scarlett, sitting professionally.

"Hello A-Alpha" I said as I slowly bowed down my head to show respect. She took off the round glasses she uses to read and looked at me and then back at the papers on her desk. She looked up once more and signaled me to sit on the fancy chair in front of her desk.

I slowly made my way there, my heart beating as fast as ever. She could sense I was nervous, I noticed a little gleam of amusement in her eyes, as they stayed on my every move.

As I sat down I cleared my throat. "I-I wanted to ask if you could h-help me choose a restaurant for t-tomorrow night, I-I d-don't go out much"

That was pathetic. You are making us seem weak in front of Alpha Scarlet.

Annoyed as hell, I pushed my wolf to the back of my mind, not wanting to deal with him right now. "Most wolves choose to go to fancy restaurants like Darya's or Saison" She said accompanying it with an annoyed sigh. Great now I'm annoying her, I shouldn't have come here. "E-erm, which one do you like best?" I said in the lowest voice I could manage, but I was sure she heard me. I notice as she rolled her beautiful eyes to the back of her head. "I don't have a preference" Now, her delicate and long fingers were gripping the bridge of her nose in frustration.

"T-then I would p-prefer to s-stay in tomorrow n-night, Alpha"

Her eyes shoot up to look at me intensely. She had a noticeable frown on her face. As I felt her analyzing me, I simply looked down and fidgeted around with my fingers. She sighed once again and looked over to the phone on her desk. She slammed her finger on it a few times and then picked up the phone.

"Lila, could you please tell James to come to my office, Thank you" After she had hung up the phone, she stood up and walked over to the other side of the room. I heard a few clinking glasses and some pouring. She came back to her desk with two glasses, one she drank out of and the other one she handed it to me. "W-what i-is it?"

"Whiskey" She said as she took another gulp. Slowly, I extended my arm over to where the glass was. When it was already near my mouth and the smell hit my nose, I felt nauseous. How the heck can she drink this?

If you dare make a fool of us in front of her once again... I swear I'm gonna make your life impossible

You already do make my life impossible. Asshole. I brought the glass closer to me, just as I noticed that she was staring at me, still. I softly took a gulp, and as that disgusting shít made its way down my throat I started to cough, so loud, I think the Moon Goddess heard me. I started to make it less loud, but my eyes started to water.

You fúcked up. Now I'm going to fúck you up.

As I started to calm down. I looked up to see her smirking, I simply looked down in embarrassment and I felt my cheeks heating up. "I guess I'll be drinking this then" her fingers lightly touched mine as she took the glass out of my hands.

I heard a knock on the door and turned around to see my brother standing there.

"Alpha Scarlet" He bowed down softly, just like I did when I walked in. James walked in over next to the Alpha as she stood up. "Hello, Beta James" She placed her hands' on his shoulder, and it looked like she gave it a squeeze. James looked at me and glared at me. I just looked down in even more embarrassment than before. She signaled him to sit next to me.

"I'm sorry that I had to interrupt the time you were spending with your mate, but I need your help with various topics" As she said she handed him a new glass full of the weird thing she gave me earlier. "No worries. So, what do we need to discuss?" He took a little sip.

"I need you to help Dorian here, to choose a place to go tomorrow night" When she said my name my eyes shot up. "E-excuse me Alpha, I-I would p-prefer t-to stay i-in" As I said that James eyes rapidly glared at me full of anger.

How dare you defy your Alpha. She wants us to go out.

But I don't want to.

Scarlett growled loudly, making us both turn around to look at her red eyes glowing and glaring at us.

Look what you've done.

My heart started beating rapidly. James cleared his throat. "Um, Scarlet, please excuse my naive brother, we will attend to any restaurant we can get a reservation at"

She closed her eyes for a second when she opened them they came back to her usual hazel eyes. She took a gulp from her drink and sighed, then she sat down again. Everything was silent for what seemed like forever. A glint of mischief flashed in her eyes as she looked at me. "I've made a brand new decision, we're going to have the whole pack over at the main house for dinner, to celebrate your birthday"

Panic took over me when I heard her say that "N-Now t-that I t-think about it, I-I saw a c-commercial on an r-restaurant, if you d-don't mind, I-I would like to go t-there" I gulped at the end. She smirked at me. "I-It was c-called s-something like D-Dave" She chuckled. "Dave and Buster's?" I just nodded at my Alpha.

"Consider it done, you are dismissed, Dorian" I nodded once again and walked out of the room with my head down.

I just hate you so much

Shut up.