Chapter 4

Dorian

I woke up to the sound of pounding at my door, someone was trying hard to open it. I stood up grumpily from my bed, on my way to the door I stopped to look at myself in the mirror and continued to open the door. I couldn't even see who has at my door when James threw himself at me, singing happy birthday.

"Happy Birthday lil bro" Behind him was Tina, holding a little cupcake with a candle on top of it.

"Happy Birthday, Dorian" She said smiling at me. "Thank you, both so much" I smiled at both of them taking the cupcake into my hands, blowing the single candle on top. "It's carrot cake, your favorite" James said hugging my sides, I took a big bite out of it. Yummy.

Happy Birthday worthless human

Ha ha ha. Thank you, man. We talked for a few seconds then they left me to get ready, I walked to my nightstand to get my phone and check the time. 9 a.m. Ok, not so bad. I walked in my shower took a relaxing shower, but when do I not.

Once I got out, brushed my teeth and changed. My wolf talked once again.

They say the Alpha wants to see you, she wants you to go upstairs.

The Alpha's room? Really? She has never called me up there, a lot of people have been there before so I guess it's not unusual. When I was ready I walked out of my door and went straight upstairs since that delicious cupcake filled up any type of hunger that I could possibly manage to have.

Once I got up the stairs, I straighten my shirt and jacket, took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

"Come in" I heard her say from far away. Once I walked in, I notice that everything in here was basically white, gray and black, no surprise coming from the Alpha herself. She was nowhere to be seen, so I decided to take a seat on the couch in front of the TV. Suddenly a weird smell hit me, it was the perfect mixture of chocolate and mint, it was simply delicious. I wanted to stand up and look for it, but I know Scarlett wouldn't like me roaming around her room like that.

I heard footsteps approaching where I was sitting, I turned around just to see Scarlett standing there in a very short revealing dress, her eyes darker than ever.

Well, fúck, she's my mate.

"Happy Birthday, Dorian" My name coming out of her mouth, was just the best thing I've ever heard. I walked closer to her, never taking my eyes off of her. "Thank you" I mumbled. After a few seconds of just staring at her, I opened my mouth "You are my mate" her face stayed the same, no emotion at all. "I guess so"

I guess? Ouch. Let's pretend that didn't hurt at all. She started walking past me, at the point she was closest to me, she whispered "Sit" sending shivers down my spine. I sat down as fast as I could, looked down and fidgeted with my fingers. I heard her walk into the kitchen.

GO TO HER. I WANT TO BE WITH HER

Shut up. She told us to wait here. I'm staying here. My heart started beating faster, as I heard her approach me. She had two mugs in her hand, one white and one black. She handed me the white one.

"I hope you like hot chocolate"

Did she make me hot chocolate? that's so cute. I felt my cheeks go red as I took the mug out of her hands, feeling my fingers touching hers as she handed it to me... and the chills are back. I took a small sip. This is so good. I tried taking a big gulp, resulting in me burning my whole throat. I started coughing crazily.

That kept going for a few seconds until I felt her hands laying on my back. Automatically my coughing stopped, I turned around to look at her. Her eyes are just so beautiful, she moved her hand away from me. Still, her face remained the exact same. I scooted closer to her, I could feel her whole body tense up. I just wanted to be closer to her, involuntarily my body started to lean into her.

"No," She said standing up, I just looked at her as I felt my poor wolf howling in me. "I have work to do, you should leave." I just stared at her. "Are we not going to talk about this?" I asked standing up, so at least we have the same eye height.

"There's nothing to talk about" As she said that she turned, and picked up my mug that was sitting on the coffee table. "I have an extra room up here, feel free to move in" That's the last thing she said when she walked into the kitchen.

The Moon Goddess must hate us. We are not compatible at all, I swear she made a mistake. I heard my wolf growl in me.

Shut up. She's perfect

Yes, she is, for someone else. Not for me. This is so wrong. Hold up. Does this mean I'm a Luna?

That's right

That's not ok, I can't be a Luna. I'm a grown man. Lunas are supposed to be delicate women who take care of everyone around them, and their Alpha too. I know I'm weak, but I'm not that weak. There must be a way to solve this.

I notice that she has been holding the door open, waiting for me to get out. "Do you really want me to leave?" I stood up as the words left my mouth, and walked a little closer to her. Actually being scared of her answer, I allowed my eyes to fall to the floor.

She didn't say anything, she just closed the door. She walked closer to me, then walked past me into a different room. I felt my heart rate lowering slowly, and sat back down on the couch. Took a deep breath and got my phone out, dialed James number and waited for him to pick up.

"Hello Birthday Boy"

"You won't believe this, man" I notice how my voice shook a little. "What happened?" Once I finished telling him everything that happened. He kept silent, obviously not knowing what to say at the situation.

You stopped stuttering your words

Shít. You are right. How is this shít possible. James was about to speak when I heard Scarlet open the door. "Talk to you later, bye" I whispered into the phone and hung up as fast as I could. She changed clothes. She changed into some short leggins, sports bra and running shoes. Her short hair pulled in a ponytail.

"You are not going out like that"

She just raised her eyebrow at me. Walked to the apartment door, opened it, stepped outside and looked at me, as if she was witing for me to say or do something. I bit back a growl that was about to slip from my lips, she would probaby laugh her ass off if she heard my weak growl. As I walked towards her I took off my jacket and wrapped it around her.

With help of the jacket, I tried pulling her closer to me, which didn't work at all due to the fact that I dont have any muscles, while she has fúcking abs. In defeat I took a step closer to her, and slowly leaned in to kiss her cheek.

After that I pulled back and notice how she was glaring at me, her face full of anger but her eyes, said something different. She prosided to slam the door shut, and threw my jacket on the floor. Just when I was about to make a comment about it, she slammed me agaisnt the wall, leaving one of her hands on my chest pushing me back. I was so distracted by how her hands felt on my body, that it took me a while to refocus on what she was about to say.

"Don't do that again"

With that last sentence, she ran down the stairs and out of the house.

Damn. She's hot.