Chapter 3

Scarlet's

My head was pounding. I had so much work to get done before this weekend, and stupid Dorian had to come in and be as annoying as a wolf could get. Once he left, I was left alone with my trusty Beta; James.

"I'm truly sorry about my brother"

"That's fine, It's irrelevant. I really need your help in this shít James.Heres the deal, we have a total of 800 members in this pack, in which 375 of them are women and the remaining 425 are men. We have 350 warriors, combining both sexes. The issue comes once we have to protect the territory that we just shaped into a pentagon, one of those sides faces the river which is one of the places I consider our safest. So that leaves four other sides, but 350 is not evenly divided by four. This is where I need your help" I finished my sentence sipping some more of my most expensive whiskey.

I saw as James' face changed to realization and he started to shake his head from side to side. "No Scarlet, I can't train more people. No one in the pack is more capable than the ones we already have. And I don't have any time, you know Tina is pregnant"

Ugh. I take an enormous dump on mates. "James, please, I'll take away your other duties and take care of them myself, just please its almost war season, we need more warriors so that your pup will be safe" He sighed. We kept silent for a second. He moved forward and gulped down what was left on his glass. "I'll do it"

"Thank you, James. I'll talk with the recruits and make them start as soon as possible"

He nodded, stood up and finally left me alone. One thing less to deal with right now. I looked down at my desk and started once again organizing all the papers that laid on top of them. Once everything was organized, I sat down once again. Took a look at my now empty glass, and checked the time. It is now 3:00 p.m. just as I checked the time, my stomach made a weird sound, I guess that means is time to eat.

As I left my office, I took out my phone and marked Lila's number. "Lila,  you can take the day off, tomorrow I need you more than ever." I didn't wait for her reply and hang up. I walked by the stairs and right into the kitchen. I looked around and saw some of my warriors sitting on the chairs around the counter eating sandwiches and stuff.

"Alpha" they all said at the same time and bowed down their heads. That's getting annoying. I walked over to the fridge just to now notice that it was already open. I took a deep breath just to notice that that's Dorian. He looked down once he saw me, and stepped back from the fridge. Its funny how he is so afraid of me, my Beta's brother.

He is kind of cute though

He is more weak than cute.

Imagine him being dominant in bed

I hold back a grunt that was threatening to get slip out. I took peanut butter and a banana from the fridge and laid them on the counter. I sat down on top of the counter and started peeling my banana, knowing that all the guys were staring at me. "A-Alpha" I heard Dorian say, I looked up and locked my eyes with his. "I-I was won-d-dering if y-you would l-like to a-accompany me t-tomorrow?"

I practically could hear all of my warriors chuckle to the idea of me with Dorian. I masked my surprise pretty well. I jumped off the counter and walked closer to him.

We should go

I stood close, listening to his heartbeat pick up fastly.

"Sure", I took a bite of my banana and left the kitchen.

I found the door to the basement and slowly made my way down. I made sure this basement was modernly decorated and not gloomy and creepy as it once was. The color scheme was black and red, I bought a pool table and filled the rest of it with different video games. This is usually where my friends hang out.

"Scarlet, baby, I was expecting you sooner," said Hunter as I walked closer. "Shut up, man" I took the cigarette from his finger. He was lying on the black leather couch, while Mason was sitting on the loveseat with a bottle of vodka hanging from his left hand. I made my way over to the stereo and played some Arctic Monkeys shít. Taking a big drag from the cigarette, I walked past Mason and grabbed his vodka as I sat down on the loveseat next to his.

"Why are you drinking?" Mason said raising a brow. "Having trouble baby girl?" Hunter added smirking towards me. I just rolled my eyes."Dividing the money has been a pain biting my ass, man" I took a big gulp of vodka. "How so?"

"Well, since the pack started growing, you obviously noticed we divided the pack into single men, single women and the third one is for the mates that want to start over, obviously they have the option to move in anywhere they fúcking want. The thing is that I have 40 fúcking pregnant women and they are not going to fúcking fit."  I looked over to the vodka bottle to notice it was empty and took this opportunity to take out the cigarette.

"Weren't you going to move us to another territory?" Mason asked, standing up and getting more alcohol from the bar. "It's being hard finding one in our budget at the moment, everyone keeps spending so much fúcking money" We all kept silent while listening to records, smoking, and drinking. Just the perfect afternoon.

After a 2 hour workout, I started to walk over to the staircase and started going up the stairs. Everything was dark, but that's ok. On this second floor where all of the single guy's bedrooms. I do live in the single men's house, just because my father used to live here before me. The first floor had kitchen, dining, living and some other rooms with the purpose of the guys not to get bored. The second and third floor was full of rooms, and the fourth floor was my dad's apartment, we could say.

Once I got to my floor I opened the door, quickly looked around it, set my phone on the coffee table and continued to walk over to my room. I walked into the bathroom and took a shower.

After I was done and had some pajamas on, I grabbed a planner I always have on my night table. Tomorrow, March 20, Dorian's Birthday. It's weird he wanted his birthday at Dave and Buster's, I don't know if it's cute or pathetic. It's even weirder he wanted me to be there, we usually talk so little it shouldn't even be called talking.

I felt a wave of sleep fall over me. I laid in bed and closed my eyes, ready to rest a little before another day.