Pull-ups & Pomfrey // 5

Draco walked into the cubical furthest to the right in the bathroom he and Snape were in. He felt like sitting on the cubical floor and bursting into tears, but the fact that Snape was waiting impatiently outside stopped him from doing this. Snape had brought Draco some dark blue jogger bottoms and some white underwear, which Draco began putting on after he had removed his wet clothes. Once changed Draco was too embarrassed to go out, he didn't want to see Madam Pomfrey, he didn't even want to make eye contact with Snape either.

A couple of minutes past and Snape was growing more and more impatient waiting for the boy. "Draco, come out now, I am not going to be sitting here all day waiting for you" Snape growled. Draco heard to anger in Snape's voice and it reminded him a lot of his father, so he obeyed the orders he was given and slowly unbolted the cubical door. He kept his eyes on the floor as he edged his way back into Snape's gaze. "Why won't you look at me?" Snape questioned, weirdly with a tone of sadness in his voice. "I-I'm e-embarrassed" Draco stuttered back.

For a moment the room was silent until Snape began to talk again. "Draco, I am about to reveal something to you that I have never spoken of since my childhood. I would much appreciate it if it did not leave these four walls, understand?" Said Snape. Draco looked at his professor in confusion, but nodded his head anyways. "When I was a young boy, around the age of yourself, I too had a problem wetting the bed. We obviously do not suffer with the exact same thing as I was able to control myself throughout the day, but I do however understand the fact it is completely involuntary. I am not going to get angry at you as I hated it when people would get angry at me for something which was uncontrollable." Snape said seriously, while staring into Draco's blue eyes. Draco stood still in pure shock. Did he just hear what he thought he did? "Now, as your teacher and head of house I will try to support you and help you through this time. I shall take you to Madame Pomfrey's hospital wing at once" Snape continued.

Draco stood still for a moment, almost as if he was in a trance, before he fully acknowledged what Snape had just said to him. "No, I'm not going to the hospital wing" Draco said abruptly. "And why not?" Snape snapped back. Draco didn't want to explain to Snape the real reason, so he lied. "I've got too much homework to do" he said. "Now Draco, we have barley been back at Hogwarts a day, I highly doubt that you have fallen behind already. Try again" Snape said in a condescending tone. Draco thought for a minute, Snape had be so open and honest with him, so maybe he should do the same. "When you go to the hospital wing they send an owl home with a letter don't they?" Draco asked. "Usually. Problem?" Snape replied. "Errrr... I-I....n-need to see professor spout about yesterday's work" Draco lied as he pushed past Snape and made a beeline for the door.  "Colloportus" Snape shouted as he took out his wand and aimed it at the door. The door immediately locked, and when Draco went to pull on the handle he was unable to open it.

Draco gulped as he turned around to face his professor, knowing fine well he was going to be angry at what he just did. "I want you to stop lying to me Draco" Snape said sternly. "Or I will have to send for your father" he threatened. "No! No! Don't do that" Draco shouted across the room, taking Snape slightly by surprise. "Why?" Snape asked curiously. "I don't want to go to the hospital wing because I don't want a letter to be sent home to my father" Draco explained. "...because?" Snape asked looking for further clarification. "He'll be so angry" Draco said, his head falling to look at the floor. "Angry that you've been to the hospital wing?" Snape questioned. "Angry I've been to the hospital wing because I had an accident..." Draco explained sadly.

Now Snape understood, from everything that Draco had told him about his father how could he not have? "I will inform madam Pomfrey not to send an owl to your father" Snape tried to reassure the clearly upset young wizard. Snape spoke a charm which unlocked the door, and gestured for Draco to go first.