Another Accident // 14

(Prompt from: @iknowaplace_ <3)

"Everyone file in quietly, we need to keep working hard to make sure you are prepared for your OWL's" Professor McGonagall said sharply as the 3rdyear Gryffindors and Slytherin's ambled into her transfiguration class. "She does realise we don't sit our OWL's till the end of 5thyear, right?" Ron moaned, taking a seat next to Harry. "She only wants to make sure we are prepared as soon as possible" Hermione said, rolling her eyes at Ron and Harry. She didn't think either of them were taking the exams as seriously as they should be. "Besides, we need to make sure we are ready for End of Year exams as well" she continued to speak even though neither Ron nor Harry was listening anymore.

"Looks like Mr Malfoy didn't come for Draco after all" Ron laughed, pointing over to the Slytherin side of the room where Draco was sitting. "It isn't funny Ron" Harry said softly. "How would you feel if your dad was as cruel as Mr Malfoy was?" Ron didn't reply, he felt slightly guilty but also couldn't really work out why Harry was defending Draco, he used to always like to joke about him. Harry looked over in the direction of Draco and saw that he was sitting with his elbow on the table and his chin resting in his hand; his face looked paler and sadder than he last remembered it. Harry sighed yet turned himself so he was facing the front of the classroom, not wanting to make it obvious that he was staring.

"Take out your wands. Today we are going to be learning about transfiguring slugs into stopwatches" McGonagall spoke to the class. "This should be easy" Pansy said, smiling at Draco sitting next to her. Draco only managed to grunt in response, he wasn't in the mood for talking. Ever since his father had brought him to the Death Eater meeting, Draco had been terrified of even the smallest sounds. Every time Pansy moved her wand a little bit too close to his face he flinched backwards and let out a small yelp. "What's up with you?" Pansy said after Draco had flinched for the 3rdtime. "Nothing" Draco growled back as he picked up his wand and attempted to cast the spell onto the slugs. "You've been so moody lately" Pansy said, rolling her eyes and sighing. Draco ignored the comment as he focused on his slugs. Just as Draco finally managed to correctly perform the spell he began becoming more aware that he was starting to need the toilet. He looked up at the clock at the front of the class to see that there was still 25 minutes left of this lesson. Draco knew he could hold on, but he was starting to feel uncomfortable all the same.

The 25 minutes past quite smoothly, but when the clock hit 11 o'clock he realised he was going to have to run quite quickly out of the lesson because he was starting to feel quite desperate. Draco packed up his things and flung his backpack on his back and stood up, ready to leave. "Wait one moment" McGonagall spoke just as Draco was about to run to the door. "I have last week's homework essay on the different ways to transform toads into cats to give back. I have to say I was quite disappointed. Some of you will have to stay behind today to review this with me because it was definitely not up to OWL standards" she said quite angrily. "Not me, please not me" Draco began repeating under his breathe, bouncing from one foot to the other as he became more restless. "Miss Parkinson, Mr Weasley, Miss Bones, Mr Potter and Mr Malfoy, please will you all retake your seats" McGonagall said coldly. "I thought I did well on that one" Pansy sighed as she sat back down. Draco eyed the door longingly but retook his seat like he had been told to do.

McGonagall spoke for a long time first about how important it was to concentrate in lessons and take good notes so that revising for OWLs would be easier. After a while she moved on to lecturing everyone about how they need to spend more time and effort on their homework's and how she would not allow another below A (acceptable) homework again but that they should still be aiming for E (exceeds expectations) and O (outstanding) all of the time. "Now, let's review this essay" McGonagall said after she had already been speaking for around 15 minutes. Draco was becoming way too desperate to concentrate on her talking so he was almost about to ask to go to the toilet when he was beaten to it by Ron. "Professor please can I quickly go to the toilet before we start" Ron said sheepishly. "For goodness sake Weasley. We will be no longer than 10 minutes, I am sure you can wait" McGonagall said impatiently. Ron said back in his seat, his face flushed quite red with embarrassment while Draco began to feel extremely panicked.