Draco's Accident In Front Of His Father // 10

Draco hadn't seen Harry since the night that he stood up for him, and he felt quite grateful as he knew the encounter was going to be awkward and he wasn't ready for that. It was 5th period herbology lesson, the day before Hogwarts was breaking up for the Christmas holidays, and nobody in the class was concentrating and the atmosphere was pretty mundane. "What's your plans for Christmas break, Draco?" Crabbe asked from next to him. Draco was in his own little world, daydreaming about what had happened with him and Harry, so he didn't register that Crabbe was talking to him. "Draco?" Crabbe repeated, this time poking him in the side with his wand gently. "Oh...Yeah....Sure" Draco said quickly, not hearing the question. "Your holidays. What're you going to be doing?" Crabbe asked again. "Ohhhh Im not sure" Draco said, an undertone of sadness in his voice as he really didn't want to go home to his father. "Goyle and I could come round to your house on Christmas Eve if you like" Crabbe continued to speak, not hearing the croak in Draco's voice. "Yeah sure" Draco said dismissively. "Right...Well ill send you an owl when I'm home" Crabbe said, letting the conversation die down as he finally realised that Draco wasn't really in the mood for talking.

A couple of moments passed and the classroom was engulfed in silence as all of the students read their textbooks. Suddenly, a large eagle owl flew in through the door to the classroom and began flying full speed at Draco and Crabbe's desk. The bird quickly landed, threw an envelope in front of Draco and flew back out of the door, leaving the class staring at Draco. "Is that a howler?" Pansy asked from across the classroom "I got a howler from my nan once" Neville grimaced from the other side of the classroom.

Slowly Draco picked up the letter which was addressed to him and opened the seal on the back. Immediately the envelope opened itself up into the shape of a mouth and began screaming directly into Draco's face. "DRACO! YOU WILL MEET ME AT THE FRONT OF THE CASTLE THIS EVENING AT 6PM WHERE YOU WILL BE COLLECTED, NEVER TO RETURN TO HOGWARTS ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR UNFORGIVABLE BEHAVIOUR. YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO THE MALFOY NAME." the letter shouted as the whole class stared in awe. Once the letter had stopped screaming it violently ripped itself up, creating a small pile on Draco's desk.

Draco was in shock. How had his father known about what had been happening while he was at school? Draco hadn't sent him an owl in weeks. "You may be excused, Mr Malfoy" the timid voice of professor Sprout almost whispered as she approached his desk. "T-thanks" Draco stuttered before he jumped up from his desk and walked briskly towards the door.

Once outside the door Draco began running as fast as he could back to Snape's quarters. As he began running his eyes began to fill with tears, not of sadness, but of genuine fear for what his father was going to do to him. He closed his eyes for a moment and he remembered all of the times his father would beat him when he was back at home, even when he hadn't done anything wrong. So now that he actually had done something wrong he could only imagine what was going to happen to him.

Usually Snape would be teaching a potions lesson at this point in the day, but after getting particularly bored with his classes lack of energy to work he had sent them all off to the library to start their winter homework. As Draco burst through the door to his quarters and rand straight to him bedroom he was blissfully unaware that Snape was sitting in the corner of the room. Snape whipped his head round in shock as he heard the door slam open and watched as the boy ran into his room. He took a deep breath and stood up and began walking calmly towards Draco's room; in his mind he was preparing what he was going to say, while also reminding himself to treat the boy kindly as he was clearly upset.

Slowly and quietly Snape opened Draco's bedroom door to reveal Draco under his blankets and audibly sobbing. Still quietly, Snape crept closer towards Draco's bed, kneeling down when he reached it. At first he thought that Draco had had another accident and was upset about that, so he lightly placed his right hand on Draco's back over the blankets. "Draco..." Snape said quietly as the young boy flinched at the touch. "Tell me what has happened" Snape said quite demandingly, immediately regretting his tone.