Chapter 6

The sunshine from the morning sky lit up the camp, as trees blossomed with spring flowers. As usual, the empire was already up and stern about completing their jobs. The majority of warriors were on dawn patrol, while apprentices trained with their mentors.

"I heard Acorn snuck out of the camp last night!" Strikepaw mewed to another apprentice.

"I heard the same!" whispered Specklepaw, an older apprentice. He had white hair with dark gray-brown patches. He was going to be a warrior in a few months.

"I thought that you would have to do something other than gossip," Crystal remarked, icy eyes scanned the apprentices.

Red, who was standing by the corner, approached the apprentices, "I agree. You both ought to finish your training, before it turns noon. If I don't see that you're training, you'll be skipping a meal to do extra work." The apprentices groaned, then scurried off.

"Crystal?"

Crystal turned around and smiled when she saw Acorn.

"Can I talk to you outside?" Acorn seemed quite worried. Crystal nodded, and the two exited the training hollow.

"When are we visiting the Shadow empire?" Acorn asked.

"A little after noon," Crystal crossed her arms, "Why, what's wrong?

"Are the rumors about me still going around?" whispered Acorn, having heard the apprentices talk.

"No," Crystal lied.

"I know that's not true," Acorn crossed her arms, "Can you do me a favor and not talk to anyone about last night? It's kinda embarrassing."

Crystal hesitated, "If we do that, then we also have to lie about meeting with the... What was it? I forgot. The meeting with Lark. They should know that."

"Please! I already talked to Gray about it, and she agreed. Just don't say nothing about it, not even the meeting" pleaded Acorn.

"Really?" Crystal frowned, "Wow, I never knew Gray would agree to lying in front of the clan. Is she going to lie to Red too?"

Acorn shrugged, "I guess so, but it took a lot of convincing."

"That I can imagine," Crystal said.

Gray had denied it, but still, people had left, believing the truth. Acorn herself felt horrible about it, but Gray and Crystal never seem to let it bother them.

"Thanks so much Crystal. I know I can count on you," Acorn affirmed.

Crystal sighed, "Yeah, of course Acorn. It's a dangerous game you're playing but I'll help you."

Acorn scurried off to the warriors den.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"ALL NEKOS OF THE STORM EMPIRE, COME JOIN US UNDER THE SKULLROCK FOR A CLAN MEETING!"

Crystal sat in her corner, but no one was wary of her anymore. One kept on trying to sit on her. She hissed, eyes blazing with blue flames. Red sauntered out of the training hollow, and lept up to his spot on the highrock. Following him was Frost who also sprinted up to her spot.

"We've had a lot of meetings this past month," Gray heard Frost whisper.

"Yeah, but it must be pretty important." Red whispered back.

"All right, let's all settle down please. I have something very important to announce," Gray declared. The clan perked their ears as they began to feed off of the news. Acorn, who was sitting among the crowd, waved her tail nervously. Will Gray keep her word and not tell the clan about last night?