Chapter Twelve

I went through and bolded all the POV changes. That's how I originally had it but apparently it didn't transfer over to wattpad. I finally know exactly where I want this story to go, so I hope you guys won't be disappointed. Here you go!

Logan

It all happened so fast that it took me a moment to understand what I'd seen. First, I slowly circled around the grey wolf who I assumed was Alexa's father. He was the biggest of the wolves, so I assumed he was the Alpha. He copied my movements, eying me cautiously.

Then, he took a step towards me. My lips curled up in warning and his did the same thing. Then, he lunged at me, aiming for my throat. I jumped back, just barely escaping the blow.

I leaped forward, snatching his front paw up in my mouth. I heard a whimper as my canines punctured the tendons around the paw. Ignoring the unpleasant coppery taste of blood in my mouth, I yanked back on his paw, successfully pulling him to the ground in front of me and injuring him further.

He was laying flat on his stomach with his legs spread eagle around him. I released his paw and then stepped on his back with my two front legs. You'll never get her, I growled through mind-link. His light-hearted laughs came to me through the same link, infuriating me further. Boy, I always get what I want. I flinched, but left the mind-link open as Alexa's father showed me a glimpse into his past.

"You'll never get your hands on her, Clayton," an older man spat angrily at Alexa's father. Clayton didn't even blink at the man's angry words. "We're both Alphas here," Clayton began, keeping his soft smile carefully in place. "We can be professional about this." He paused. "You give me Kelsey and I'll share some of my resources with you," he offered, well aware of the other man's greed. "No! The man nearly shouted. A growl errupted from Clayton's throat. "She is MINE!" Clayton yelled. "She is not your mate; you can't have her!"

"You can either take the deal or I'll simply kill you and take her and your pack," Clayton said through clenched teeth. "I'll never let you have her," he vowed.

"Fine." Clayton shrugged before pouncing on the man.

The old Alpha didn't even have a chance at shifting before Clayton ripped him to shreds. Bits of muscle and bone were scattered all around after he was finished. There wasn't a scratch on Clayton.

He walks over to a large brick house, recklessly swinging the door open before he stomps in. He sees a woman who was maybe in her early twenties. She spots him at the same time he does her.

An wicked grin grows on Clayton's face and I could definitely see why the woman looked so terrified. She opened her mouth and to scream just as she whirled around and sprinted away.

Barely breaking a sweat, Clayton lunged forward and easily caught her before she could escape. He held her flush against his chest as she fought against him furiously. Her struggles didn't phase Clayton, he simply ignored them and bent his head down so that he could whisper in her ear, "I always get what I want, Kelsey."

Clayton ended the memory and I roared through the mind-link, You can't have her!

Then I severed the connection between our minds and lunged at him. A ferocious fight broke out between our packs, but luckily for me, my pack greatly outnumbered his.

All you could see were jaws snapping, bloodied class and scuffs of fur float through the air. At the end of the fight Clayton was covered in his own blood from head to toe. I jumped on him, pushing him down so that he was laying on his back. Then, I stood on his chest with my front paws. He was glaring at me like he wanted to kill me, which I'm sure he did. Leave and don't come back. I told him through mind-link ferociously. I freed him and stepped back, eyeing him expectantly. When he didn't make move to get off my territory but instead growled at me, I screamed through the mind-link, LEAVE, or I'll finish what I started! With a huff, he turned around and gathered up the bodies of his dead pack members with the help of what was left of the men he brought.