Chapter Sixteen

Alexa

I winced as Peter applied pressure to the scratches on my stomach. He sent me an apologetic look, but continued his patchwork of my tarnished flesh. After he finished, he turned to Bryan, "It will take her at least two weeks to fully heal. I'll give her a sedative for the night and some pain killers. She should be fine to speak to you by tomorrow around mid-afternoon."

My eyes widened at the mention of the sedative. "No, I don't want a sedative." I looked to Bryan, "Please, don't let him drug me." He shrugged, but offered me a reassuring smile. "It'll help you sleep, I won't let anything happen to you, I promise." I shook my head at him, but didn't argue with him anymore. I figured he would get his way regardless of what I wanted. These were his people. I'd just have to fight it when the issue arose.
I
"I'll be back later. If you're feeling up to it, you can explore the house," Bryan said as he left the room, quietly closing the large door behind him. The bed suddenly felt bigger and the room felt lonelier than it had before. But, instead of acknowledging that fact, I ignored it and turned into my side.

Peter came up a little while later with a glass of water and a handful of pills. "Pain meds," he told me. I stared at him like he was insane. He sighed and popped one of the green pills into his mouth, quickly swallowing it. "See, not a sedative." I narrowed my eyes at him in doubt, "it's only been a few seconds. I'll wait a couple minutes and if you don't fall asleep I'll take them." He shook his head and grinned, but didn't say a word.

Logan

"What do I do?" I asked Drake as tears welled up in my eyes and I pulled my hair in frustration. His eyes held nothing but sympathy, but I didn't need sympathy, I needed advice. "I don't know, keep looking. You can't give up. If you do, you'll hate yourself forever. She's out there, man. You would know if she had died. Keep looking." I nodded, but my thoughts were somewhere else completely.

Other Alphas. She wouldn't stay in my territory. Even though she was human she would knew that she wouldn't stand a chance at leaving unless she made it out of my territory. The only good thing about that is that she had no idea where my territory ended or where others' began. Hopefully she'd stopped while she was still in mine.

"I'll meet you downstairs in an hour. I need to make some phone calls," I told him. Drake gave me a curt nod and then left the room.

I picked up my cell phone and began dialing the Alpha of The Coldwater pack. After three rings, he picked up, "hello?"

"Tye? It's Logan. I might need your help. . ." Tye didn't miss a beat. "What is it?" He immediately asked, his voice all business. "Two things. First, The Crescent Moon Pack is going to declare war on me, I need your backing."

"Done. What else?"

"My mate. She ran off in the middle of the night. I can't be sure she hasn't left my territory and wandered into your's. She's a half-breed, but smells human. Her name is Alexa. If you find her, please call me. But, Tye. . ."

"Yeah?"

"If you or anyone else hurts her, I will kill you."

"I understand. I'll keep an eye out for your mate. Just keep me posted on what's going on in this war." I smiled at my success. "I will. Thank you, Tye."

"Welcome." He hung up.

I sighed. One Alpha down. There was still two others. I obviously wouldn't be calling Clayton, but there was one other Alpha whose terrority bordered mine. I waited patiently as the phone rang. "Hello?"

"Yes, Bryan, this is Logan from The Mid-Moon pack. I was wondering if you could help me. . ."

Alexa

Peter wasn't bad to me, though I hated being forced to depend on him to treat my injuries. I could've done it on my own, but Bryan wouldn't even let me argue with him. I'd given in to what Bryan wanted, but only because I didn't see any way for me to get what I wanted. Allowing Peter to tend to my wounds was uncomfortable for me, but I really didn't have a choice.

It was getting dark when Peter came in with a tray of food. "Dinner," he said as he handed the tray over to me. I glanced down at it. There was a cheeseburger with mash potatoes and some kind of pasta salad. "Thank you," I said to him as I picked up the fork and tried the pasta salad. I nodded in appreciation. "Very good," I told him.

"Thank you," he smiled. "I'll be back up in an hour to take the tray back downstairs," he told me before leaving. I dug in, loving the good cooking. I was the only cook back at home, and I was never very good, but my father always seemed too drunk to notice. I was grateful for that.

I finished my dinner in record time. Setting the tray on the bedside table to my right showed me just how full I actually was. I layed back in my fluffy pillow and closed my eyes, resting them.

The next thing I knew I was waking up to sunlight streaming into the room. "That bastard," I whispered venomously. I never fell asleep that fast. I blinked my eyes a few times to clear my vision.

Then, I saw Bryan and Peter standing at the foot of my bed watching me with curosity. "You drugged me," I stated, glaring daggers at both of them. Bryan shrugged, "You wouldn't have slept well if we didn't." I rolled my eyes. That was a bullshit excuse and we all knew it, but I chose not to respond.

"What's your name?" Bryan asked me after a long silence.

I hesitated, before finally answering him, "Alexa." I grimanced at my inability to lie. Sometimes I hated that I'd made that promise to myself. I couldn't bring myself to break it.

"Okay, Alexa. We need to talk," the tone of his voice alerted me to something bad and I immediately became wary. "Would you like to join me for breakfast?" I hesitantly nodded before following him out of the room.

In my gut I knew this wasn't going to be a good talk.

I have no idea when I'll update next. If you guys don't read my messages, I hope you're reading this. I have some major family problems going on and frankly everything's going to hell over here. It's almost 5:30 in the morning right now and I'm too afraid to sleep, that's the only reason I updated this. Ha wish me luck, bye for now.