Chapter Three

Kazuichi looked towards the front of the classroom, trying his best to keep his act together, which meant looking like he didn't understand a word of it. Although many people thought he was an idiot, no one knew, (save the teachers) that he was actually one of the smartest in his grade, he couldn't be the Ultimate Mechanic if he didn't understand maths or science afterall, though he made sure no one would know, always hiding his test scores and reports from everyone, pretending he got a bad score.
Kazuichi was snapped out of his 'daze' when there was a knock at the classroom door, it was the headmaster, Jin Kirigiri"Hello everyone, I'm sorry for interrupting," he said, in that authorative voice of his, "but I came to drop off your test for the midterms."

Kazuichi didn't know why, but he felt his stomach drop to the darkest pits of hell as he heard this, but it was fine, he thought, just as long as they don't...
"Now, please remain seated as I read out your name and scores," Jin (the headmaster) said as he got out his checklist. Kazuichi sat frozen in his seat, mouth open and his whole body tense.

"Close your mouth Souda, wouldn't want you to catch flies~!" Came a smart remark, he looked around and saw the Ultimate Traditional Dancer, Hiyoko Saionji, snickering behind her kimono, "we all already know what your test scores will be like anyway!"
"S-shutup you m-midget!" Souda stammered out, hoping it was a passable response for his character.
Kazuichi looked down at the ground in embarrassment as about half the class started laughing at him, it had worked, thankfully.

"Now now, pay attention please," Jin said, "I will start calling out the names."
Souda clenched his hands that were resting on his knees.
"Sonia nevermind, 97 points for english, 96 for history, 79 for maths and 88 for science."

Sonia looked proud of herself and smiled in pride, Gundham gave her a thumbs up and Kazuichi gave a half hearted smile, she worriedly looked at him in return.

'As expected from a princess,' Souda thought to himself, 'to get such high scores...'

'Surely his results....can't be that bad?' Sonia thought to herself, giving him a reassuring smile in hopes that it would calm him down, they were friends after all.

"Gundham Tanaka, 60 points for maths, 70 for history, 90 for english and 67 for science," Jin continued.

Gundham frowned a bit at his scores, but was still happy nonetheless, after receiving his score sheets, he stuffed them inside his bag without looking at them, probably in a bit of embarrassment. He watched as Souda gave him two thumbs up and a crooked smile.

Gundham cocked an eyebrow at the pinkettes strange behaviour but nodded at him in gratitude nonetheless, was he feeling sick or something?

Although Kazuichi thought of Sonia and Gundham as his friends, he knew that they were only friends with his other self, the mask that he used everday. He knew that if they found out the truth, his true self, they would leave him, just like his mother did, how his past friends betrayed him and bullied him.

"...85 points for science and 84 for maths," continued Jin, "Souda Kazuichi" Jin said, smiling at the boy.

Kazuichi held his breath and started shaking slightly, just waiting for the accusations and pointed fingers, sure to come his way, to be called a nerd and loser just like in middle school.

"Now...lets see, your points for maths ar-" Jin was cut off before he could say anymore by two students who yelled at the same time.

"Stop!" Exclaimed Gundham and Sonia at the same time, they had both known Souda for about half a year, and they had never seen anything spook their friend as much as these test results did.
Kazuichi had his mouth open and closing, trying to express his words, but finding he couldn't.