Chapter Eight

Souda Kazuichi woke up with a groan and tried to sit up, before falling back with a groan of pain. As he opened his eyes, the first thing he saw was white, was this heaven? It couldn't be, it was too painful to be heaven.

He moved his head to the right and was met with a large monitor of some sorts, it emitted a beeping noise so he assumed it was a heart monitor of sorts, was he in a hospital? It would explain the white and sterile smell the room had. After finally sitting up, he noticed his shirt was missing and was immediately met with a wave of fear.

Did anyone notice the bruises? Of course they did, now they'd ask his father avout them, and he would punish him for causing so much trouble.

Kazuichi felt tears well up in his eyes as he breathed in shuddering breaths, why did these things always happen to him? Speaking of, how did he even end up here?

As Kazuichi started remembering everything, he felt crushing guilt and sadness, how could he have done that to his friends? Not only did he insult them and degrade them, but also announced his relationship towards them as null.

'Well.....at least they won't bother to....associate with me anymore' Souda thought, leaning back into the pillows.
After a few minutes of staring at the ceiling in deep thought, he heard voices at the door, though he couldn't hear them properly, even though he strained his ears as much as possible.

"Can.....see him....?" One of the voices asked, a feminine one at that.
"Okay.....may....be asleep though" another voice answered, he guessed it was a nurse or one of the doctors.
"We thank...much....mortal!" Another voice said.
Kazuichi froze as he heard that last line, he only knew one person who used words like that, and if he was there, than so was she.

As the doors lock was unlocked, Souda quickly pulled the covers back up and layed down, not wanting the confrontation of speaking to his two 'friends,' well if he could still call them that without them saying otherwise.
----
Sonia and Gundham walked in the room and were disappointed by their friends sleeping figure, though they were happy that he was at least getting good rest.

"Shall we sit down, my dark queen?" Gundham asked, motioning to the seats beside the bed.

"I think we shall" she replied, taking one of the seats closest to him.
"I hope he wakes up soon... we have a lot to talk about..."

As the two talked about Kazuichi, the person in question, who was 'sleeping' listened in on their conversation.
'It kinda sounds like...they care...about me?' Souda thought to himself in surprise, but quickly tossing the thought away.
'No, who would care for me...I'm the stupid, asshole mechanic who no one likes...'

It was then that Souda decided that he should stop 'sleeping,' so he began to slowly open his eyes, with a groan of pain that he had perfected over the years to sound real.

Sonia and Gundham looked at Kazuichi in shock and glee, happy that their friend woke up.

"It seems that the mortal has finally awoken from their deep slumber" Gundham proclaimed in excitement, though there was a tinge of concern in his voice as Kazuichi gasped in pain when he sat up.

"H-hey guys! Whatcha doin' here?" Souda said, pretending that he was happy and the same as before.
The two looked at him, before looking at each other and nodding in some sort unspoken agreement.

"What's going on guys? Yer' acting a bit strange...?" He asked, tilting his head in confusion, not knowing what would happen next.

"We know, Kazuichi," Sonia said, using his given name, "We know about your father, your test papers and even about your 'little' walk to school everyday..."
Kazuichi looked at them in horror as his eyes widened, they knew. They knew everything, now there would be no hope now to their friends again...