Chapter 4

The next day, Harry and I were in our room, playing with a few toys together when we heard a whirring sound coming from the hallway. 

We exchanged a look as we heard Uncle Vernon's voice, "No more mail through this letterbox."

Harry pushed the door slightly and we peered out into the hall. Uncle Vernon was drilling the letterbox with a block of wood. Me and my twin exchanged a look and shook our heads before going back into our room.

"Weird," I muttered. 

"Yeah," He muttered. 

I tilted my head, "What do you think was in those letters?" I asked. 

He shrugged, "Who knows."

"Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia know. The way they looked at the letters yesterday, they have to know," I said and he sighed.

...................................

Each day a few letters were arrived for me and Harry, and Uncle Vernon didn't let us know what was in the letter, since he kept us away from them and burned them or tore them apart.

Now, Sunday came, and there are no letters in this day, so Uncle Vernon was happy at that point, yet he didn't look so good either. His hair was sticking up in every place, and an unusual grin was on his face and his eyes looked scary.

"Fine day Sunday," Uncle Vernon said, sitting on his chair. Aunt Petunia and Dudley were sitting close by, while Harry passed out some biscuits and I was sweeping the floor. "In my opinion, best day of the week. Why is that, Dudley?"

Dudley shrugged and I looked at Uncle Vernon, "Because there's no post on Sunday?" I asked. 

He nodded, "Ah, right you are, Clara." He took one of the biscuits off of the plate Harry hold. "No post on Sunday. Hah!"

I shook my head before looking at the window when I heard a squawk. I walked toward the window with Harry and we looked outside to see owls all over the street.

"No blasted letters today. No, sir," Uncle Vernon said, "No sir, not one blasted, miserable --" Harry and I looked back when Uncle Vernon stopped talking. We saw he was cut off by a letter fly past his face and land near my feet. I picked it up to see it was my letter. Then rumbling occurred throught the whole house and we all looked at the fireplace, where the sound was the loudest.

Suddenly, zillions of letters come shooting out of the fireplace, all addressed to me and Harry. Our Uncle, Aunt and Cousin began to wig out completely while Harry and I grinned.

My twin jumped onto the table and tried to snatch one of the letters. When he did, we both immediately ran out of the room and Uncle Vernon quickly ran after us. "Give me that! Give me that letter!"

Harry and I ran to our room but before we could get in, Uncle Vernon caught us and pulled us away from the closet.

"Get off! Ahh!" Harry and I called. 

"They're our letters! Let go of us!" Harry called. 

Suddenly, more letters came in through the letterbox. "That's it! We're going away! Far away! Where they can't find us!" Uncle Vernon yelled. 

"Daddy's gone mad, hasn't he?!" Dudley asked his mother. 

...................................

Uncle Vernon wasn't kidding about moving away. He really meant that. He moved all of us to a house on some rock island in the middle of the sea.

It was middle of the night, Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon were sleeping upstairs at the room, Dudley was a sleep on the couch, while Harry and I were laying on the cold, dirt floor close to the couch, with a big blanket and two pillows.