Chapter 7

By the time the train finally stopped, it was dark outside. We all stepped out of the train to see Hagrid standing there with a lantern in his hand, "Right, then! First years! This way, please! Come on, now, don't be shy! Come on now, hurry up!" We all walked up to him and stopped in front. "Hello, Harry, Clara," Hagrid greeted us.

"Hey, Hagrid," Harry and I said at the same time.

"Whoa," Ron whispered as he gasped up at Hagrid with everyone else.

"Right then. This way to the boats! Come on, now, follow me," Hagrid said as he turned around and we all followed him.

We were all lead to many boats, I was in a boat with Harry, Ron and other boys. We all were amazed as we saw a brightly lit and huge castle up ahead.

"Wicked," Ron whispered to me and my brother.

It didn't took long for us to get into the castle, and after we did we met up with an older looking woman, who was waiting for us at the top of the stairs. "Welcome to Hogwarts," She greeted, "Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. Now, while you are here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup."

"Trevor!" One of the boys that was sitting with me, Harry, Ron and the other boy at the boat said as we spotted a toad in front of the Professor. He rushed forward and took the toad before looking up at the Professor, who looked down at him. "Sorry." He got up and quickly backed away.

"The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily," The Professor said and walked away. 

"It's true then." We all looked over to see an evil looking boy spoke up, looking at me and my brother. He had platinum blonde hair slicked back probably by using a lot of containers of hair gel. He had pointed features and blue or grey eyes. "What they're saying on the train. The Potters have come to Hogwarts." Everyone started to whisper around us and the boy looked at his two friends, "This is Crabbe, and Goyle." He looked back at me and Harry as he stood in front of us, "And I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy." Ron, who stood beside me, snickered at his name and elbowed him slightly in his side to make him stop. Draco looked at him, "Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair, and a hand me down robe? You must be a Weasley." He looked back at me and my brother, "We'll soon find that some wizarding families are better than others, Potters. Don't want to go making friends with --" He looked at Ron, "The wrong sort." He looked back at us, "I can help you there." He extend his hand and waited for one of us to shake it.

I tilted my head, "I think we can tell who the wrong sort are for ourselves, thank you," I said as Harry moved Draco's hand away.

Draco glared at us before the Professor came back and tapped his shoulder with a paper. He glanced at her before giving me and my brother one last glare and then walked back to stand where he did. "We're ready for you now," The Professor said, "Follow me."

She lead us all through two large doors and into a huge room, where there were four long tables with many kids, as well as floating candles. As Hermione walked with me, I looked up at the roof to see it looked like the sky, "Whoa," I whispered.

"It's not real, the ceiling," Hermione told me, "It's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History." 

The Professor lead us all to the front and turned to us, "All right, will you wait along here, please? Now, before we begin, Professor Dumbldedore would like to say a few words."