Chapter 15

I woke up in the hospital wing with bandages on my arms and my left hand. I looked around and saw Harry next to me sleeping. On the table between us were a lot of cards and candy. "Harry," I said before I threw a pillow at him.

He opened his eyes and sat up, wincing in pain. He put on his glasses and looked at the table. Dumbledore entered through the large double doors and walked up to us, "Good afternoon, Potters. Ah. Tokens from your admirers?"

"Admirers?" Harry asked.

"What happened down in the dungeons between you two and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret, so, naturally, the whole school knows," Dumbledore said and we all shared a smile. Dumbledore looked at one of the packages, "Ah, I see your friend Ronald has saved you the trouble of opening your Chocolate Frogs."

"Ron was here?" Harry asked.

"Is he all right? What about Hermione?" I asked.

"Fine. They're both just fine," Dumbledore assured us.

"But, what happened to the Stone?" I asked.

"Relax, dear girl," Dumbledore told me, "The stone has been destroyed. My friend Nicholas and I had a little chat and agreed it was best all around."

"But Flamel, he'll die, won't he?" Harry asked.

Dumbledore sat on my bed, looking between me and Harry, "He has enough Elixir to set his affairs in order. But yes, he will die."

"How is it I got the Stone, sir?" I asked, "One minute I was staring in the mirror, and the next . . ."

"Ah," Dumbledore said, "You see, only a person who wanted to find the Stone, find it, but not use it, would be able to get it. That is one of my more brilliant ideas. And between you and me that's saying something."

The three of us smiled again before Harry frowned, "Does that mean, with the Stone gone, I mean, that Voldemort can never come back?"

"Ah, I'm afraid there are ways in which he can return," Dumbledore said, "Clara, Harry, do you know why Professor Quirrell couldn't bear to have you touch him?" Harry and I shook out heads. "It was because of your mother. She sacrificed herself for the both of you, and that kind of act leaves a mark." Harry touched his scar. "No, no, this kind of mark cannot be seen. It lives in your very skin."

"What is it?" Harry asked.

"Love, Harry, love," Dumbledore said before patting my head and stood up. "Ah. Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans." He took the package, "I was most unfortunate in my youth to come across a vomit flavoured one, and since then I have lost my liking for them. But I think I could be safe with a nice toffee . . ." He took a brown bean and eat it, "Mm. Alas. Earwax." I giggled as Harry smiled and Dumbledore smiled at both of us before walking away. 

...................................

The next day, Harry and I finally got to leave the hospital wing. We walked to down the hall and saw on a stairwell balcony Hermione and Ron talking. They stopped when they noticed us, and they leaned over the railing.

"All right there, Ron?" Harry asked.

"All right," Ron answered, "You two?"

Harry shrugged, "All right."

"Hermione?" I asked.

Hermione smiled, "Never better." The four of us smiled at each other. 

...................

We all sat in the Great Hall in the evening. Green banners with snakes on them were around the ceiling, unfortunately that meant Slytherin had won this year.

Professor McGonagall dinged her glass and the hall went silent. Dumbledore stood up, "Another year gone. And now, as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding, and the points stand thus. In fourth place, Gryffindor with 312 points." There were silent clapping, and Harry, Ron, Hermione and I hid our heads. "Third place, Hufflepuff, with 352 points." There were more clapping. "In second place, Ravenclaw, with 426 points." More clapping. "And in first place, with 472 points, Slytherin House."

There were loud cheering from the Slytherin table, and I rolled my eyes. I looked at Malfoy and when he looked at me, he smirked.

I glared at him before looking away. "Yes, yes, well done Slytherin, well done Slytherin," Dumbledore said, "However, recent events must be taken into account. And I have a few last minute points to award." We all looked at him and he continued, "To Miss Hermione Granger, for the use of cool intellect when others were in great peril, 50 points." I smiled at Hermione, who sat next to me and applauded with everyone. "Second, to Mr. Ronald Weasley, for the best played game of chess that Hogwarts has seen these many years . . . 50 points." Everyone applauded. "Third, to Mr. Harry Potter, for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house 60 points." There were loud cheers and I smiled at my twin older brother. "And fourth, to Miss Clara Potter, for using her brain in a time of great pressure, ans outstanding bravery and courage, 60 points."

Everyone cheered loudly and Hermione looked at us, "We won Slytherin."

"And finally," Dumbledore said, "It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award 10 points to Neville Longbottom."

We all cheered loudly for Neville, who was unbelieving, and sat there while cheering gets louder. I looked at Malfoy to see he was completely downfallen, and I smirked at him while he glared at me.

"Assuming that my calculations are correct, I believe that a change of direction is in order," Dumbledore said. He clapped his hands and the green banners change to red and yellow. "Gryffindor wins the House Cup!" We all got up as we cheered, beside Slytherin. We all threw our hats up in the air as we continued to cheer. 

...................................

The next day, in the morning, we all stood at the outside train station, getting ready to leave. "Come on now, hurry up," I heard Hagrid saying to the students, "You'll be late. Train's leaving. Go on. Go on. Come on. Hurry up."

Harry and I handed our owls to the train men and walked to an open door with Hermione. Hermione waved to Hagrid, and Hagrid returned the gesture.

Harry and I looked at Hagrid and Hermione looked at us, "Come on, guys." Harry and I exchanged a look and nodded.

I looked at Hermione, "One minute." Harry and I rushed over to Hagrid.

"Thought you were leaving without saying good-bye, didja?" Hagrid asked us before pulling out a red album out of his coat pocket and handed it to Harry. "This is for you two."

Harry and I opened the album and saw a picture, moving, of us both as a babies with our parents. They are all smiling and waving at the camera.

I looked at Hagrid with a smile, "Thanks, Hagrid." Hagrid hold his hand to me to shake. I took it before hugging him tightly. Harry joined in and we both hugged our giant friend tightly.

"Oh. Go on . . . on with you," Hagrid said and let him go. "Oh, listen, if that dolt of a cousin of yours, Dudley, gives you two any grief, you could always, um, threaten him with a nice pair of ears to go with that tail of his."

"But Hagrid, we're not allowed to do magic away from Hogwarts. You know that," Harry said.

"I do," Hagrid said, "But your cousin don't, do he? Eh?" He chuckled, and Harry and I smiled. "Off you go."

Harry and I walked back to the door were Hermione and Ron were waiting for us. "Feels strange to be going home, doesn't it?" Hermione asked.

Harry and I looked at each other. "We're not going home," Harry said and we looked back at Hagrid.

"Nope. Not really," I said before we got on the train. The four of us found a compartment and settled in. I looked out of the window as the train started to move and waved at Hagrid with Harry, and Hagrid waved at us back.

~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

First year is over! See you at the second year :P :)

Love you all

Katherine