STOCKSNAP

STOCKSNAP

www.stocksnap.io

I don't have experience using StockSnap. I have too many resources already, so I stick with my favorites, but that could change tomorrow.

Made by the creators of Snappa, StockSnap claims to be, "...the best place on the Internet to find beautiful free stock photos. We select nothing but the highest quality, highest resolution pictures and add them to our database on a daily basis. This is not your typical crappy stock photo site."

Note that they called the other stock photo sites "crappy," not me. They also call their site, "... a bad ass repository of beautiful stock photography."

O'erweening pride (hubris) is not one of StockSnap's concerns.

According to the website, photos uploaded to the site are released under Creative Commons (CC0) and do not require attribution.

Like Unsplash, the company's team curates stock photos found on the Internet, and they also upload photos from select photographers within their network. Also like Unsplash, StockSnap invites you to provide an email address and they'll send you their Editor's Picks each week.

I'm sure they'll also send you other invitations, since that's the point of collecting an email: Build a list and share content generously so you'll love them and buy their other products. Oh wait, that's my business plan, also. Never mind.

Here's a message from the company: "We're very grateful for all the photographers who are nice enough to share their work for free. To pay our respects, we identify the author of each photograph and link back to their profile. Our long term vision is to create an amazing community of photographers that want to share their work with the world."

Snappa, by the way, is a graphic editor that's powerful and easy to use. Similar to Canva, you can drag and drop images and content to create images in minutes. You can connect your social media accounts with Snappa and use Buffer to schedule posts.

The graphic editor Snappa should not be confused with the beer-drinking game, Snappa, which involves a table, four pint glasses, a die, and four players.