4 - New Home

Chapter 4 - New Home

Pictured - Quentin's Cabin

Lightning flashed through out the sky soon to be followed by a deafening clap of thunder. Rain mixed with the tears streaking down my cheeks washing away the blood. Hair clung to my neck and clothes clung to my body like a second skin. A loud cry left my throat, the sound lost in the storm.

Hands circled my small arms and pulled me back roughly. I screamed and fought trying all I could to get back to my parents to no avail. An eight year old girl could never defeat a strong alpha male. I watched as wolves swarmed around my parents bodies trying to figure what happened.

I screamed louder this time and it was if time stopped. The alpha and all of the other wolves fell to the ground holding their ears. I crumpled to the ground with my head in my hands, defeated. I felt the hands grab me more forcefully this time. There were going to be bruises for sure, but I didn't care. All I wanted was my parents alive and healthy.

I saw a small shed, and before I knew it, it was all dark.

"Keegan!"

"Keegan"

My shoulders were shaking.

My eyes shot open and the first thing I saw was deep blue eyes. They were familiar somehow. I stared frozen. Worry filled these eyes as well as kindness, fear, and concern. But most importantly love. Love filled these eyes. I hadn't seen love since my parents died.

All of a sudden it was if I could move again. I sucked a big breath of air into my lungs before letting it back out and doing in again. I kept my eyes on Quentin's face, slowly calming down.

"Are you okay?" Quentin asked carefully.

"What happened" I asked my voice trembling.

"You were screaming"

"About what" I whispered so faintly I didn't think he heard it.

"About your parents, and not taking you" Quentin answered a moment later.

My throat started to close again, and tears sprung into my eyes. I pushed them back, all except for one. It fell down my cheek only to be caught by Quentin's thumb as he pushed it away. He kept his hand on my cheek and I leaned into it and the sparks with a sigh.

Quentin pulled me back down beside him and tucked me into his side, wrapping his arms around me.

"I'm sorry" I mumbled quietly into his side.

"There is nothing to be sorry for tesoro" He said gently.

"I didn't mean to wake you up" I insisted.

"Being awake means I get to see your face more so I wish I never had to sleep" He replied kissing my forehead.

I blushed crimson and snuggled into his side even more to try and hide my blush. But of course fate hates me and Quentin saw it. A deep chuckle came from his chest, and I smiled not being able to resist.

"You know, you are absolutely adorable" Quentin complimented pushing my hair behind my ear.

And of course my cheeks hate me and my blush turned even deeper than it already was. Traitors.

"Especially when you do that" He said planting a kiss on my nose.

I just hid myself back in his side and ended up falling back asleep without meaning to.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

I woke only to be blinded by sunlight shining right into my eyes. I closed my eyes and slowly opened them adjusting them to the light. I wrinkled my nose in disgust at the little bit of drool that had leaked out of my mouth and onto the pillow.

That wasn't my pillow. I looked around, remembering that I wasn't at home but in Quentin's little cabin. I slowly climbed out of the bed pulling my tank top down since it had rode up to just under the sports bra I had on.

I got out of bed and made my way out of Quentin's bedroom into the hallway where I found a bathroom across the room. I did my business and washed the drool off of my face before venturing down the stairs into the kitchen and living room area.

Quentin was nowhere to be found, and I sighed. I spotted my bag next to the door and walked over grabbing it. I set it on the table and emptied it out. I grabbed the spare clothes I had in there which was a white tank top with a black wolf silhouette, a pair of black running shorts, undergarments, and a pair of socks.

I went back into Quentin's bathroom and showered using his shampoo and soap seeing as I didn't have any. I then got changed and slipped on the pair of black and red nikes I had bought before coming here. I was so in love with these shoes, and they were special to me because they were they first thing I had saved up for to runaway with.

I just let my hair naturally dry and grabbed my wallet with the rest of the money I had saved. I left the cabin and followed the cobblestone pathway through a thin strip of forest which had surrounded the cabin and into the city streets. I made sure to remember how to get back to the cabin for later so I wouldn't get lost.

With that, I set out into the street and my first stop was a little coffee shop to get a bagel because I hadn't eaten anything yet and I was starving. I got quite a few curios stares from the other wolves, probably because I was new, and set out in search of clothes to buy.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

By the end of the day I had spent nearly all of my money and ended up with five shirts, two pairs of skinny jeans, three pairs of shorts, two pairs of sneakers, some undergarments, and of course a giant tub of pasta I was going to share with Quentin when I made it back to the cabin.

I was about half way back to the cabin, and I was further away than I expected, when I saw two guards striding down the street. One of them spotted me and came rushing over. He grabbed my arm and shouted to the other guard who also came rushing over. They checked me over and seemed to calm down when they saw I was in perfectly good shape.

I just awkwardly stood there and the guards eyes went cloudy which meant he was mind linking someone. Moments later, a huge white wolf with silver eyes came running down the street. The smell of rain and forest washed over me and I immediately knew that it was Quentin.

He shifted back, and I turned my face away to give him privacy to get some clothes on. Only he already had clothes on, and then I felt stupid because they were probably the same special kind of clothes that I had gotten today that you can shift with and they don't shred.

Quentin pulled me away from the guard growling at him to back off, to which he did, and looked me over trying to find any injuries. When he deemed me fine he grabbed my hand and began marching off back to the cabin.

"Q-quentin" I stuttered.

He whipped back around to face me, hurt, fear, and anger etched across his face. I looked down and exposed my neck in submission to him. I didn't mean to make him angry, and I don't even know what I did in the first place.

"What" He said quietly.

"My stuff" I muttered out weakly.

Quentin nodded to the guards over my head, and they picked up all of the bags I had previously been carrying. They followed us as Quentin dragged me all the way back to the cabin without saying a word or even looking at me. I struggled to keep up, his stride twice the size of mine and he was a man on a mission which made it even harder to keep up with him.