Two: 'Unsolicited Disappointment'

Footsteps echoed down an alleyway as a middle-aged toon slipped past garbage bins, scaring a few little critters and ushered them into plain sight. With the rain settling, Bendy confidently removed his hood, feeling the chilly fall air surround the sides of his face in mere moments. With a deep inhale of the musky air, the demon continued in his path, turning a few corners with a sharp twist of his foot. 

Without too much walking time, he caught sight of his vehicle just up ahead. The automobile of which, was exactly as he had last left it, thankfully. Most of the time if any car was left unattended for too long, someone would want to stick their nose inside and see what they could steal. Then again, nothing too appealing was left in sight. Just a few bare packets of cigarettes, crumpled wrappers of half-eaten candy bars, and plenty of empty liquor bottles; free from nothing more than a few stray drops lying at the bottom. Though what most toons wouldn't know of, is the load of ink that's kept neatly in a hidden compartment under the passenger's seat. Of course nobody would go through the trouble of breaking into a car with the sole motive of chance

As soon as he reached his door, Bendy instinctively stuck the key in its place and unlocked his vehicle. Swinging open the driver's side, the fiend plopped himself in his seat neatly and tucked his feet besides the pedals of his car. Reaching his hand out, he grabbed hold of the door handle before firmly pulling it towards himself. As he leaned back in his chair, the demon reached into his pocket, feeling around the small space before touching a light box of thin cardboard. Bendy pulled it out of his pocket and lifted the lid to his crumpled pack of cigarettes, finding only two left in the box. The demon grabbed hold of one out of the two and popped it in his mouth, mildly playing with the nicotine roll using his tongue as he stuck the proper key from his chain in the ignition and turned it. The engine gave a roar, and shortly afterwards the car purred softly as an indication that it was ready to move. Bendy exhaled deeply before pressing the electrical cigarette lighter button just below his stereo. The stereo of which, was toyed with shortly afterwards. The demon turned on the radio, not really seeming to mind what played before moving the gear shifter to his right, pulling it to get out of the vehicle's parking position. As he began to exit the alleyway, his car halted in its tracks, the fiend's eyes shifting left and right as he searched for any oncoming traffic before pulling out and driving to the designated lane. With a deep sigh and a moment to mentally prepare, Bendy drove. 

The roads he took carried little to no cars, not to his surprise. Nobody had anywhere to be on an early Saturday morning. There was a soft 'pop' as the electrical lighter stuck out of its socket, telling the demon that the nicotine roll he held in his teeth was ready to be lit. Bendy kept his left hand firmly on the wheel and used his right hand to pull the button out of its port, pressing it lightly to the end of his cigarette. The demon patiently waited for a few moments before taking in a puff of air, feeling the smoke that sunk into his lungs give him a sense of peace. He pushed the electrical lighter back into its proper place and exhaled deeply, a dark cloud drifting into the car as he basked in the quiet atmosphere.

Pier 17 was where he was headed. Drew was very specific with his instructions, and although the demon had a ways to drive, it would all be worth it. As everyone in Manhattan would know at this point, Bendy got him and his mob into a very tight situation two nights prior. Although he had found himself not only losing a big load of ink, money, and some of his pride, he lost many comrades that night too. Now the only few members he had left were just a handful of swell boys that were lucky enough to dodge the very clenches of death. As of today, Bendy's newest recruit is a young lad by the name of Boris M. Wolf, whom of which he'd never quite heard of until just recently. Joey and himself have been in an alliance for years, but even in the circumstance, he's never heard of this toon before. Not much information was given about him, other than the fact that he's young and he's determined to assist in any way he can. Even if he wasn't given a whole list of details, the demon needed whatever help he could get at this point. Though he knew this replacement would be nothing compared to his previous, recently deceased toons; he had to take what he could get, especially considering Wolf was practically handed to him for nothing in return. He really had to thank Drew for being so generous...